Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Portland, Oregon
Exciting career opportunities in the language access industry are waiting for you at LanguageLine Solutions. Whether you work in the corporate office, in one of our satellite offices, at our Interpreting Call Centers, or work from home, you can help make a difference in someone's life every second of every day.
Reports to: President, LanguageLine Translation Solutions
This position is responsible for building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with prospective and current clients. The incumbent is expected to exercise initiative, discretion and independent judgment in the administration and management of each client relationship, and will serve as the primary point of contact for the client. The Business Development Manager ("BDM") position is critical to the overall success of the company
The BDM will be expected to develop new client leads in addition to those provided by the company. Once a lead has been identified, it will be up to the BDM to devise and execute a strategy for securing an agreement to provide translation, localization and other related solutions. The BDM will operate under limited supervision and will have considerable latitude in all dealings with both current and perspective clients, including decisions as to who to call, when to call, and what to say. Prepared scripts are not utilized. The BDM is required to grasp the realities of the marketplace, negotiate with client representatives, and structure deals that result in revenues and profits for LanguageLine Solutions.
Beginning with the estimate process, the incumbent is responsible for collecting and analyzing all estimating materials. After a project becomes active, the BDM remains the main client advocate and works with the assigned Project Manager to ensure that the client's expectations are met or exceeded. It is essential for the BDM to adhere to LanguageLine Solutions' policies and procedures; and to build, develop, and nurture relationships with the client and in-house staff to ensure that their requirements are met, and that projects deliver on time, within budget, and to acceptable standards. Good communication abilities are needed to deal with the large number of concurrent activities and people who are involved in servicing the client.
• Actively hunt and close new business that results in new, incremental revenue for LanguageLine Solutions.
• Sell LanguageLine's full suite of language solutions to both new and current clients.
• Identify new client leads and or business opportunities.
• Achieve assigned revenue quota.
• Develop and execute strategies to provide translation and localization solutions to current and prospective clients.
• Represent LanguageLine Solutions and promote sales to current and prospective clients.
• Build strong personal relationship with current and prospective clients.
• Structure agreements for translation and localization solutions, negotiate with client representatives, and advise management about strategies to secure new business.
• Obtain management approval of all proposals and estimates before submitting them to the client.
• Provide clients with relevant information about the company, solutions provided, pricing structure, production processes, project management, and customer service.
• Maintain close contact with the client whenever an issue arises to ensure proper resolution.
• Involve Project Managers and/or production resources to support the client when needed.
• Participate in and or deliver presentations to current and prospective clients.
• Ensure adherence with procedures and processes.
• Provide management with feedback and recommendations on necessary changes to streamline and or improve the company's processes, procedures, and solutions.
• Provide help and mentoring to Project Managers.
• Gather all data needed for job estimates and provide information on projects to the estimate team; work with in-house teams to meet client needs in a complex, relationship-selling environment.
• Maintain communication with active clients and prospects as necessary.
• Work with assigned/prospective Project Managers to develop a schedule for projects and assure adequate communication lines are used during projects.
• Maintain and update key LanguageLine business systems, such as Attask and SF.com with required project related information and all relevant client communications.
• Represent LanguageLine Solutions at trade shows, expositions, and conferences when necessary.
• Conduct visits to current and prospective clients.
• Contribute to the Process and Quality Improvement Initiatives by participating on cross-functional teams.
• Use linguistic knowledge to support projects where appropriate.
• Perform other duties as needed or assigned to support co-workers, the Division President, other members of the Management Team, and LanguageLine Solutions' Executive Team members.
• Improve, on a continuous basis, professional skills and industry knowledge.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Excellent oral and written communication skills and commercial awareness. Team player, mature, and professional. Excellent work ethics, work habits, and ability to maintain confidential and proprietary information. Desire to represent LanguageLine Solutions in obtaining and negotiating new contracts. Creative thinker who takes the initiative to get tasks completed. Investigates new ways of accomplishing goals. Strong organizational, project coordination, problem-solving, and client-servicing skills. Familiarity with current technology, Windows applications, and web technology. Able to handle stress and excel in a fast-paced working environment. A minimum of two years' experience in sales or project management related activities is required
"All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability."
If you are an individual with a disability and require reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact LanguageLine Solutions at 800-874-0271 opt. 9 ext. 87153.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race. color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting appropriate employment service delivery systems, such as state workforce agencies and local employment delivery systems, to provide priority referrals of protected veterans.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-I.35(c)