Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Portland, Oregon
Portland or Telecommute
The designer creates innovative branded communication, materials and experiences that support and enhance Cambia s marketing vision. The design team is made up of knowledgeable and savvy individuals who stay current on design best practices, always on the lookout for new and interesting trends. The design team marries its passion for graphic design (typography, brand, illustration) with strong conceptual work and strategic partnership.
The designer works on a variety of projects from high-level, long-term conceptual work to quick-turn templates. As active members of the Creative Studio, they bring inspiration and brilliance to every project and deliver their best work every time. This team consists of a tightly knit group of individuals with strong communication skills and the ability to think beyond the obvious. Always willing to roll up their sleeves and get to work, the designer thinks strategically, works collaboratively, and creates inspiring, well-crafted, on-brand outcomes that over-deliver.
This team works closely with colleagues in other departments from print to digital to environmental and is expected to deliver projects that are strategically built and beautifully implemented.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
* Strong portfolio demonstrating graphic design with a focus on illustration, typography, layout and design for both digital and non-digital environments. Proficient in conceptual and strategic design thinking. Strong branding ability required.
* Specialized knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite required, firm understanding of Sketch a plus.
* Excellent people skills and flexibility in dealing with changing schedules and multiple points of view.
* Able to manage and maintain several design projects at once and work independently as required.
* Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills. Able to present well to key stakeholders and take critical feedback with grace. Able to articulate design choices and present work.
* Able to implement and support senior staff and creative studio, and the greater strategy of the team.
* Agency background is a plus
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
* Designer Junior would have a Bachelor s degree in graphic design or related field and 1-2 years of experience in graphic design or equivalent combination of education and experience.
General Functions and Outcomes:
* Maintains proficiency in current tools and practices, while investigating new methods.
* Creates and produces small-scale projects with review from the senior level, also supports senior staff on larger, complex projects.
* Works to implement and improve strategic and conceptual skills as well as their craft.
* Collaborates effectively with multiple business partners, colleagues in the creative studio and across numerous departments to create enticing and innovative collateral.
* Develops, implements, and communicates consistent styles across print, digital and environmental design that accurately addresses marketing concepts.
* Works with core team of other creatives to strategically translate concepts into insightful, compelling communications and content that drive awareness, understanding, engagement and action on brand.
* Acts as a consultant, developing sensible solutions for the consumer within the pre-stated requirements.
* No unusual working conditions
* Work primarily performed in an office environment.
* May be required to work outside normal working hours.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.