Posted in Other 21 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Danbury, Connecticut
Basic Purpose and Objective:
The Planner/Buyer role is responsible for managing and maintaining work orders and inventory within the manufacturing facility to support on-time delivery to customers. Effective utilization of both Materials Requirements Planning and Capacity Resource Planning, as well as exceptional inventory management skills are all a must. This individual must be able to work in a timely manner independently as well as within cross-functional teams to support new product launches, forecasting-demand planning, and Sales & Operations Planning.
Specific focus on planning outside assemblies, domestic pass-through, ST/OT orders and procurement of raw materials. The incumbent will schedule machinery or assembly for the manufacturing facility, as well as the coordination of cycle counts and physical inventories. Participates in forecasting, maintaining accurate inventory control records for work in process, and implementing plans to maximize production runs while minimizing inventory levels. Provide capacity plans for various operations, ordering of raw materials and components, and work with suppliers and cross functional in-house teams.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
* Scheduling of Machinery or Assembly for the manufacturing plant.
* Responsible for the coordination of Cycle Counts and Physical Inventories in related area.
* Accuracy of Inventories within manufacturing area.
* Work with Customer Service manager and Procurement Manager to provide an accurate forecast.
* Maintain accurate Inventory Control records for Work In Progress.
* Implement Plans to Maximize Production Runs while Minimizing Inventory levels for Components and Raw Material.
* Control of Slow Moving or Potential obsolete product to include filing of claims with Customer Service.
* Provide Capacity Plans for each operation.
* Ordering of Raw Materials and Components.
* Analyze Inventory records to resolve Levels and Discrepancies.
* Working with Suppliers, cross functional and In-house teams.
* Maintain manufacturing work orders through utilization of Materials Requirements Planning and Capacity Resource Planning to ensure on-time fulfillment of customer orders
* Act as a business process owner for specific Supply Chain Categories within manufacturing facility, and work closely with manufacturing supervisors and associates to ensure service levels are met with customers
* Support product launches by representing supply chain and completing activities on-time and effectively in launch teams
* Manage inventory through review of all materials and ensure inventory is maintained within targets
* Identify and implement process improvements as well as lean manufacturing processes to improve efficiencies, cost, waste reduction, and other lean principles
* Attend and participate in GEMBA walks, S&OP (sales & operations planning) supply planning meetings, and forecast/demand planning meetings.
* Bachelor s degree required. Purchasing or Materials Management degree is preferred.
* CPSM and/or CPIM certifications recommended.
* Minimum of five (5) years related experience with evidence of increasing responsibility preferred.
* Minimum of two (2) years supervisory/management experience preferred.
* Experience in automotive work environment preferred.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
* Excellent organizational skills in order to establish priorities identify and set goals, meet deadlines, etc.
* Proficiency with tools/equipment related to job (i.e. personal computers/software, manufacturing systems, Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Excellent problem-solving and negotiation skills
* Must be adept at working in a metric driven organization, and possess excellent decision-making skills to drive for results
* Experience in Lean Manufacturing and knowledgeable in lean principles/methodologies
* Strong analytical and organization skills to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
* Knowledge and experience in MRP and ERP systems inventory control, materials requirements planning, item master, demand planning, and advanced supply chain planning.
* Capacity and Inventory Management
* MRP/ERP Systems
* Sales & Operations (S&OP) Supply Planning
* Data Driven
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran s status or any other protected characteristic.