Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Portland, Oregon
Job Description and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the firmware development of Coherent s next generation products while contributing to the existing product lines.
* Software/firmware development programming for laser controllers and measurement embedded devices.
* Perform calculation and analysis to verify the designs.
* Develop test plans and direct testing activities to validate board designs.
* Participate actively during new board bring-up and debug phase.
* Provide schedule and cost estimates for project tasks.
* Work with engineering team members to optimize operational and performance requirements of overall system.
* Participate in technical reviews.
* Develop functional and verification tests to validate and assess quality of designs.
* Provide support and FW updates for legacy products.
* Work closely with HW and SW engineers to validate and debug designs.
* Work well as team member and independently.
* Provide regular task status updates.
* 8+ years firmware development experience (C/C++) with embedded microcontroller-based systems. (STM32, MSP430, NXP IMX6, NVIDIA TEGRA, PIC)
* Experience in real-time embedded monitoring and control applications with a wide variety of mixed-signal analog and digital I/O types. Experience with laser related systems is a plus.
* Experienced in signal processing, data acquisition and logging, precision timing, system control, interrupt-handling, and debugging.
* Good understanding of Metrology theory and implementation.
* Able to read schematics, utilize test equipment such as meters, signal generators, oscilloscopes and capable of troubleshooting circuits to the signal level.
* Experience with communication protocols (i.e.: I2C, SPI, UART, PCI/PCIe, USB, TCP/IP, EtherCAT)
* Experience with development toolchains: IAR, Platform Builder, Yocto, Visual Studio, GIT, Subversion
* Intermediate level Verilog coding knowledge for FPGA designs is a plus.
* Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate professionally with co-workers and customers
* Good organizational, planning, presentation, troubleshooting, and multi-tasking skills
* High level of confidentiality and professionalism
* Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
* Bonus skills: C#, Python programming
Education and Work Experience:
* Bachelors degree in EE, or CS. degree (MSEE a plus)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.