Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Columbus, Ohio
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE, RETAIL - OHIO VALLEY
DAYTON OR COLUMBUS OHIO
Thrive on innovation at a global technology leader. Develop exciting solutions in a diverse, stable work environment that s focused on the future. Join us in a modern work environment with an open and inspiring culture and colleagues!
To strengthen our Team in our Ohio Valley territory (preferred home base Dayton or Columbus, OH) we are seeking a Business Development Representative, Retail to source, develop and cultivate new clients and new business and consolidate share of wallet. You would be responsible for conducting sales calls with all level of retail management, including regional, store and lab plus the other key members of retail team, such as optometrists, ophthalmologists, opticians and other optical specialists to promote our ZEISS products, services and business-building solutions using both consultative and conceptual selling approaches, and then documenting customer records and activity within Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. The BDR-R will develop and maintain effective plans for their assigned territory, will develop and implement account specific programs and business plans and will act as change agent to the expansion of ZEISS product and portfolio utilization.
* Meet or exceed sales growth targets for CZV portfolio of products, services and other strategic targets, such as dispensing tools, equipment, enablement services, accessories and key sales programs
* Grow sales, profits and share-of-wallet with designated National Retail store locations, such as Walmart, Shopko and Kaiser to promote initiatives selected by National Account Manager, as communicated by the RBDM
* Grow sales, profits and share-of-wallet with Regional Retail and Regional Wholesale customers in assigned territory by initiating meetings with established accounts to introduce and sell products and services to ensure maximum penetration and growth, develop and implement sales strategies and programs to grow the business
* Continuously seek out and communicate new opportunities (new customers and key SoW growth) to RBDM in order to turn these opportunities into revenue generating activities for company by teaming with KAM assigned to region
* Segment territory using CRM Account Classification system and identify key customer targets to increase territory sales
* Profile and evaluate each customer s store operation, financial data, business model & profit drivers, and create value-based sales strategies that has positive financial impact on company. This includes being knowledgeable of and following all account specific protocol as provided by National Account Managers for strategic initiatives
* Conduct and prepare pre-call planning and call objectives and anticipate likely objections; understand motivations and establish a relationship as a trusted advisor / consultant.
* Lead sales conversation with store, lab and regional teams (Opticians, Doctors, Managers, Regional Managers) challenging and persuading them to change behavior. Build agreement at each point in the sales process, remove barriers and close the deal
* Create innovative tactical and strategic approaches to meet and exceed business objectives when faced with an obstacle or a customer concern
* Treat territory as own franchise by creating and executing territory plan to achieve goals; consider required investment and financial impact in developing customer strategies
* Increase sales by effectively communicating the advantages and benefits of Carl Zeiss Vision products and services valued by each customer
* Support and implement National Account and Regional Retail marketing plans, utilizing digital tools and apps
* Schedule, plan, develop and conduct on-site individual, group and office training and educational seminars to increase demand for Carl Zeiss Vision products and services
* Establish a positive, productive and collaborate working relationships with Carl Zeiss Vision employees and colleagues
* Operate with the highest ethical standard during every customer interaction and in alignment with Carl Zeiss philosophies and leadership principles
* Input accurate and timely reports via Salesforce.com
* Efficiently manage travel cost and leverage smart spending techniques
* Assist in the development of overall target market, customer segmentation, threats and opportunities detail for region
* Provide timely and continuous feedback and input to RBDM/Director to ensure team is prepared to meet financial objectives
* Gather and analyze competitive data; Communicate findings and recommendations
* BS or BA in Business, Public Administration, Economics, Marketing or related field strongly preferred
* 3+ years in a successful business to business sales environment, preferably in Rx sales, optical, medical device or retail operations industry with Fortune 500 companies
* Strong sales focus with the ability to move key opportunities through the sales cycle, providing detailed and accurate sales forecasts using the company's CRM tool.
* Ability to thrive in a competitive environment
* Demonstrated experience in creating plans to achieve revenue and profitability goals.
* Effective consultative, conceptual and negotiation skills with demonstrated ability to establish influential relationship with customers
* Disciplined and results-oriented approach to selling and strong time management skills.
* Demonstrated ability to operate as a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
* Ability to influence situations and people
* Self-starter with the ability to work independently
* ABO & ABO speaker certification preferred
* Excellent verbal & written communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and analytical skills
* Must have a valid driver s license
* Demonstrated ability to be proficient with standard MS Office applications, company technology devices (Laptop, iPad, iPhone, etc.) for territory management and product orders and knowledge of Salesforce.com preferred
At ZEISS we encourage creative thinking and innovation. We work in dynamic and interdisciplinary teams and offer individual development perspectives as well as flexibility in organizing your work. We care about our employees and take particular responsibility for improving society and preserving our environment. These core values have shaped our corporate culture at ZEISS for over 170 years.
HELP US SHAPE THE FUTURE! The application process takes less than 10 minutes, we look forward to receiving your application.
We are an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you need accommodations to complete the application process, please email Luisa.Southern@zeiss.com to request assistance. Online Application