Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Jose, California
Job Req ID: 2907
We have an immediate need for a System Repair and Test Technician with solid knowledge of PC and system, server operation and troubleshooting. In this role, you will have opportunity to complete the final testing of all Supermicro and OEM RMA products as well as ECO and BIOS upgrade. We are looking for passionate, dedicated technicians who love what they do and can provide excellent testing support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Troubleshoot and repair Supermicro RMA products as necessary to meet commercial standards and customer's satisfaction
• Test and calibration of Supermicro/OEM RMA products and final assemblies
• Follow drawings, written and verbal instructions to complete work assignments
• Determine job status (check shortage and close of work orders, etc.)
• Determine material status of jobs
• Reference all pertinent procedures, drawings, and specifications for the purposed changes
• Physically locate job materials within the assembly/test calibration area
• ECO upgrades
• Report any defective parts to RMA Repair Database
• Onsite customer support service as needed
• Technical school certificate or college degree is required
• Minimum 1 year of experience as a test technician
• Good operation software skills in Windows or Linux
• Must be a team player
• Capable of self-motivated hard work with a positive attitude
• Demonstrated skills and experience in electronic circuit analysis and troubleshooting
• Good soldering and de-soldering skills
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to set priorities, multi-task, resolve problems and manage time
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms
• Lift, carry, push and pull in excess of 25 pounds
• Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and balance
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
• Office, lab or warehouse environment setting shared with other staff members.
• Wet humid conditions, extreme heat or cold (weather), outdoor weather conditions.
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI) is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.