Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wayzata, Minnesota
The Accounting & Reporting Sr. Analyst role will be part of Cargill’s North American (NA) Accounting and Finance team which provides accounting and finance expertise for the diverse businesses within the Food Ingredients Bio-industrial (FIBI) Enterprise. This is a challenging opportunity that will utilize a strong accounting/control mindset, business acumen, and problem solving/analytical skills to help enhance the decision making processes within Cargill’s Starches Sweeteners Texturizer’s- North American (CSSTNA) business group and within the SAP project team.
This role will be accountable for balancing fiduciary responsibility and business patterning, while actively promoting the value of a strong control framework. Will also be responsible for delivering a deep understanding of the business performance and key management reports and for as creating and implement processes improvements across CSSTNA.
Analysis and Reporting- 25%
- Consistently creates, reviews and delivers timely and accurate management reports/packages. Interprets results and develops key financial measures to enhance decision making processes. Management reports may include: period end results and commentary, budgets, forecasts and supporting commentary, customer and product profitability reports, and other adhoc management reporting.
- Applies a broad level of understanding to conduct deep and complex financial analyses. These analyses will include month end results, balance sheet and income statement trend analysis, annual budgets, 36 month forecasts, and customer and product profitability analysis. Included in this analysis will be supporting documentation and commentary on variances and identification and communication of risks and recommendations on areas of opportunity.
Accounting Processes and Procedures- 25%
- With limited oversight, performs and/or reviews month end processes.
- Develops and implements accounting policies and procedures.
- Creates and monitors controls, ensuring that our accounting/operational processes are in compliance with GAAP, Cargill’s policies and procures, and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Identifies areas of standardization and improvement.
Continuous Improvements/Special Projects – 25%
- Develop and deploy critical technology and processes for a successful implementation of SAP.
- Utilize deep understanding of accounting processes and controls to create and deliver continuous improvement efforts that will drive process optimization and improve the efficiency and insights of the accounting and finance activities across FIBI NA and CSSTNA.
- Developing leadership capabilities by being a change agent and managing without authority
Business Partnership- 20%
- Collaborate with peers across the various teams within the NA One Finance Org (CBS, A&F, FP&A and COEs) to assure accurate and consistent information and drive process simplification, standardization and optimization of management reporting processes.
- Partner with FP&A, Business and Functional leaders to provide the financial guidance and insight to achieve the finance strategy and strategic goals of the business.
People, Talent and Resource Management- 5%
- Provides coaching, training, and mentoring to others on technical topics, as well as Cargill leadership expectations.
- May participate in selection of accounting team members and provide input on future workforce planning needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Ability to communicate effectively with many functional groups and levels – both written and orally.
- Technical aptitude-ability to utilize technology (e.g. excel, power BI, ERP systems) to drive efficiency
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines effectively
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to internal controls
- Business Acumen
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills with all levels of the organization
- Ability to clearly explain technical topics in a simple manner
- GAAP knowledge
- Previous experience with budgeting
- Experience in analyzing financial statements (balance sheet and income statement)
- Continuous Improvement Focus
- Prior SAP deployment experience
- Minimum 5 years of accounting or finance experience
- SAP, COPA experience a plus
- CMMP, JDE experience a plus
- Previous IBP experience
- Previous Management or Project Lead experience
- Experience in analyzing profitability at various levels (customer, product)
This position provides a variety of career development opportunities including P&L management, financial analysis, product line leadership and strong business partnering to help drive business decisions. It will also develop leadership capabilities by being a change agent and managing without authority.