Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Jonesboro, Arkansas
TrinityRail Maintenance Services is searching for a Senior Valve Technician in our Jonesboro, AR office.
In this role, the Mechanical Valve Tech assembles fabricated parts to relatively large or heavy subassemblies or complete units. The assembler lays out reference points, positions, aligns, and fits together fabricated parts of metal or fiberglass mold according to blueprint and layout specifications fabrication. You’ll use hand tools, portable tools, hoists, and cranes to move materials, parts, and assemblies.
What you'll do:
• Perform tack welding
• Perform error testing
• Operate overhead cranes
• Conduct NDE testing (bubble leak, dye penetrant, mag particle)
• Perform mechanical fastening (bolts, nuts, hucks)
• Apply appropriate torque sequence and values (certified)
• Read blueprints
• Use hand tools to bend or form parts
• Follow all safety rules and practices
• May be involved in safety committees or initiatives
• Perform other duties as assigned
What you'll need:
• 2+ years of related experience is preferred
• Must be competent with the use of basic hand tools including a tape measure
• Must have good communication skills
• Must be a team player