Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Paducah, Kentucky
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Warehouse Shift Manager
H.B. Fuller is seeking an experienced Warehouse Manager who will report to the Facility Manager, and is responsible for managing all warehouse activities and personnel in Paducah, KY to support the safe and efficient manufacturing and distribution operations. The size of the operation makes a hands-on approach critical to success.
The Warehouse Manager will be accountable for operations activities involving environmental health and safety, people management, and inventory & logistics planning, analysis & reporting.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Fully support facility safety programs and actively contribute to continuous improvement of facility safety performance.
* Ensure OSHA and DOT requirements are met in the warehouse areas and collaborate actively to promote safe practices and efforts throughout the facility.
* Manage plant systems to maximize employee safety and minimize environmental risk. Ensure the compliance with all applicable environmental regulations and assist the HBF EHS team.
* Manage Warehouse Operations along with all shipping and receiving activities associated with receiving, storing and dispatching goods, tracking shipments and returns and liaising with customers and suppliers as necessary.
* Adherence to all environmental requirements, and ensure appropriate storage practices are being followed.
* Supervise and provide leadership to 3 or more direct report(s). Be an advocate for growth and flexibility. Assist with on-going training.
* Manage Plant Inventory and lead Plant Full Physical as well as Cycle Count Process.
* Provide logistics and scheduling support as needed.
* Work to maintain and improve SAP transactional accuracy for warehousing processes (inventory accuracy, days on hand, on time shipments, cycle counts, etc.) to ensure the effective running of the operation.
* Continually challenge and improve warehouse processes. Investigate, justify and introduce enhancements.
* Work closely with other functions (inventory planning, production, finance) to effectively support regional sales and operational goals.
* Maintain FIFO stock rotation by utilizing good warehousing practices.
* Identify old or unused stock and manage the obsolescence process (including removal and disposal)
* Maintenance planning for the warehouse areas to anticipate the needs of the business.
* Monitor performance of freight carriers and timeliness.
* Bachelor's degree and/or qualifications in logistics or planning field (degree in chemical or mechanical engineering preferred)
* Minimum 3 years' leadership experience in a warehousing environment, or suitable equivalent
* Proven previous contribution to inventory control practices
* Strong SAP and/or WMS knowledge or equivalent
* Detailed knowledge of MS Office with strong focus on Excel and PowerPoint
* Ability to provide the leadership necessary to establish courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed safely, efficiently and effectively
* Costs / results focused
* Strong strategic skills and problem solving/analytical skills
* Strong organization, planning and prioritizing skills with attention to detail
* APICS certification preferred
Employees receive full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.