Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Newark, New Jersey
Prudential Financial, Inc. is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services. For more information, please visit www.prudential.com.
The position will report to the VP and Actuary, Corporate M&A Actuarial responsible for actuarial aspects of modelling and due diligence for acquisitions and divestitures of the enterprise.
Prudential’s Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions Group reports directly to Prudential's Chief Financial Officer, and is responsible for the acquisition and divestiture activities across all of Prudential's businesses, including insurance and asset management, in the United States and abroad. Since its inception in the late 1990's, the group has closed more than 70 transactions with aggregate value in excess of $15 billion. The group is also responsible for sourcing acquisitions as well as select strategic analyses.
Specifically, this team member will be devoted to actuarial aspects of transactions including modelling and valuation across Prudential’s International and U.S. entities:
• Assistance with review of due diligence materials to develop appropriate assumptions for potential acquisitions or divestitures
• Working closely with Corporate M&A departments, development of company valuation and sensitivity analyses including actuarial appraisals.
• Development of projections necessary for transactions under local statutory, Purchase GAAP and US GAAP accounting frameworks.
• During inactive M&A periods, there may be actuarial projection focused work on special actuarial initiatives and reinsurance transaction projects.
• Bachelor's Degree required with ASA, FSA or qualified actuary with related designation with 5+ years of actuarial experience required.
• Experience in hands-on actuarial modeling and pricing with various modeling platforms and systems such as Polysystems, Prophet and or Axis.
• Strong quantitative, problem solving and analytical skills
• Knowledge of US Statutory, US GAAP, Solvency II and IFRS accounting methods preferred
• Broad and detailed knowledge of various valuation methods for insurance companies and across wide set of individual, Group, Accident and Health and pension products preferred.
• Dedication to completing work thoroughly and on time under time pressure.
• Limited travel
• Strong written and verbal communication