Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: North Olmsted, Ohio
Cargill’s Road Safety's business strategy includes growing our business through deicing solutions to our customers to successfully fight snow and ice. The Advanced Products group within Road Safety sells and supports the installation of 2 major technologies: the Accubrine automated brinemaker family of products and Safelane anti-icing pavement overlay. Advanced Products also include supplying brine and brine additives or corrosion inhibitors.
The Sr. Technical Services Specialist will be primarily responsible for providing Advanced Products customers with brine making machine installation services including pre-installation layout support, installation and start up and customer personnel training. Additionally, the role is responsible for assisting direct customers and dealers’ sales and technician teams with trouble shooting and technical support in order to keep their brine making machines fully operational. Close working relationship with Road Safety sales team and dealer network to ensure we provide best in class customer service and support from sales and planning stages through installation as well as machine maintenance and optimization.
Overnight travel will be required with the majority of travel and ideal home based location would be in the Northern Midwest and/or Midwestern U.S. There is a possibility of some travel in Canada and other regions of the U.S. as well with the majority of travel occurring in the typical winter season months.
55% Manage and execute on-site Accubrine installations, upgrades, and repair and maintenance for Accubrine customers.
15% Technical phone and/or internet support for customers and dealers to assist with machine repair and maintenance
15% Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned to include but not limited to on-site technical support for Safelane installations, developing/managing pilot projects for new product development, and miscellaneous Advanced Product Sales Team support.
15% Process Improvements – Research and development, vendor collaboration, and creation / execution of safety plan during all work activities, technical document creation.
Work autonomously in-home office environment.
Overnight travel up to 80-90% in peak of winter season, which is typically October through March.
Physical requirements of installation and troubleshooting may include extensive pulling, pushing, lifting or working in cramped positions.
Some work required in outdoor elements such as rain, snow, and hot or cold temperatures.
• Electrical Technical Training OR a minimum of 5+ years of equivalent electrical and automation field experience
• Able to troubleshoot basic electrical and control circuitry by reading electrical wiring and control ladder logic diagrams
• Familiar with electrical / industry safety practices
• Comfortable using basic construction tools (saw, power drills, screwdrivers, etc.)
• Strong verbal and technical writing communication skills
• Customer relationship and influencing skills.
• Flexibility change and conflict management.
• Proficient in Microsoft applications, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to operate under pressure during seasonal peaks and prioritize schedule to align with customer needs.
• Ability to travel as required up to 90% during seasonal peaks and sometimes on short notice
• Experience and aptitude with motors/pumps/valves/fluid control
• 5 years of practical experience in basic wiring, controls and automation
• Technical Degree in electrical systems, wiring, and/or controls and automation systems
• Electrician certification
• National Electric Code (NEC) knowledge