Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Jonesboro, Arkansas
TrinityRail Maintenance Services, Inc is searching for a Railcar Career Welder in our Valve Shop in our Jonesboro, AR plant. We provided a complete array of railcar maintenance services.
In this role, you will use jigs/holding fixtures to lay out pieces to be welded according to blueprints, layouts, schematics or work orders and uses manual/semi-automatic/automatic welding equipment to join, surface, fabricate and maintain parts of metal or other weldable materials. Inspect completed work for conformance to specifications and performs minor maintenance to equipment. Apply appropriate welding processes to join, surface, fabricate and maintain parts of metal or other weldable materials according to layouts, work orders, blueprints, schematics and sketches using manual, automatic welding and/or semi-automatic welding equipment. May inspect completed work for conformance to specifications. Observe all standard safety practices and maintains and completes all required records. Follow all safety rules and practices. May be involved in safety committees or initiatives. Perform other duties as assigned.
What you'll do:
• Work on semi-routine assignments
• Requires help from supervisors or others to complete new tasks
• Analysis and actions require instruction from higher levels
• Good knowledge of the job, company policies and processes
• Apply job skills to complete semi-routine tasks
• Some understanding of the technical aspects of the job
• Ability to follow verbal or simple written instructions and procedures
• Few judgment calls
• Serve as a team member
• Required to assist as a Valve Tech as needed
• Qualified only to AWS welding code in the GMAW and FCAW welding processes (Non-tank welding)
• Able to effectively use the CAC-A (Air carbon arc gouging ) as well as Oxy-fuel torch and Plasma arc torch for thermal cutting operations
• Will have an attendance policy to adhere to
What you’ll need:
• Must be competent with the use of basic hand tools including a tape measure
• 1+ years of mig welding skills
• Must have good communication skills
• Must be a team player