Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Bakersfield, California
SENIOR CONSTRUCTION ENGINEER SPECIALIST BAKERSFIELD, CALIFORNIA
Parsons is now hiring a SENIOR CONSTRUCTION ENGINEER SPECIALIST to support the $500 MILLION MEASURE J BOND PROGRAM AT BAKERSFIELD COLLEGE. You can be one of the first people involved with the commencement of RENOVATIONS AND EXPANSION WORK ON THE BAKERSFIELD COLLEGE CAMPUS.
Under general supervision, participates in the development, execution, supervision, and coordination of all technical aspects of field engineering assignments including development of plans, schedules, contracts, procedures, and construction methods and systems. Incumbent is also responsible for reviewing the performance of subcontractors to assure contract compliance, the application of accepted construction technology and standards, and the acceptable standardization of materials and supplies. May provide technical guidance to less-experienced field engineering personnel. Willingness to relocate to construction site locations is expected.
* Performs difficult and complex field engineering assignments involving the development, execution, supervision, and coordination of all technical aspects of a construction project.
* Maintains first-level quality assurance to confirm that the installation of all work within his/her discipline is in accordance with the plans, specifications, and industry standards. May supervise the construction engineering work and provide technical expertise for one or more of the construction engineering disciplines.
* Ensures that tests and inspections are performed, witnessed, and documented in accordance with approved procedures.
* Collaborates with construction management to eliminate any hazards associated with the work that may adversely affect the environment or the safety or health of employees. Ensures that personnel of the assigned group engage in safe work practices in compliance with site-specific safety procedures and industry standards.
* Establishes and maintains liaison with the discipline design engineering staff. Reviews and interprets discipline design drawings and specifications to ensure current revision level and correct technical execution of the work.
* Provides resolution for technical engineering problems within the assigned discipline(s); coordinates application of solutions.
* Develops discipline construction schedules and monitors progress. Provides schedule and progress appraisal report to the Construction Manager.
* Monitors material procurement and deliveries to ensure timeliness in support of construction activities and schedule within the assigned discipline. Ensures that materials received meet specifications and established standards of quality.
* Organizes the accumulation of assigned discipline data for the final project turnover and report.
* Initiates and maintains records, back-charge procedures, progress reports, etc., as required.
* May have some interface with the client and upper-level management.
* 4-YEAR DEGREE IN ENGINEERING OR CONSTRUCTION-RELATED FIELD, or equivalent construction-related work experience, as well as 5 TO 8 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN field construction is required.
* EXPERIENCE WITH CONSTRUCTION OF EDUCATIONAL FACILITIES IN CALIFORNIA IS HIGHLY PREFERRED.
SKILLS/ COMPTENCIES :
Requires a working knowledge of engineering and construction-related processes, as well as industry practices. Also requires excellent written and oral communication skills, a familiarity with CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering and construction, and the potential for performing in a lead capacity on a project.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.