Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Rosemead, California
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
The HR Coorindator provides project management and administrative support to the HR team. The role includes day-to-day listening, moderating, and engaging in Panda s social employer communities. The HR Coordinator coordinates HR projects by monitoring project status, budget, and resource utilization and reports status to the CPO and other senior HR leaders. The HR Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the entertainment discount program, Panda Bookstand, and Panda Gym. This job may also perform administrative duties as required.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job s duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
* Provides administrative coordination to the HR Leadership team. Handles invoice approval and payment and prepares CPO/CIO expense reports. Organizes the CPO s office and filing system to maximize efficiency and easy access to needed information
* Oversees Panda Bookstand to maintain an adequate inventory of books used for Panda School of Learning, Panda Future Leaders Luncheon, and Panda Learning Sessions.
* Gathers information and research for the HR Leadership team as the basis for presentations and reports.
* Monitor the compliance requirements for rule 2202 (Registration to implement emission reduction strategies)
* Perform other administrative duties in support of the department and the HR leadership as required
* Research Employer of Choice program opportunities (Focus: Regional, National, HR Department)
* Provide administrative support for program registrations, survey launches, and award applications
* Collaborate with HR sub-departments, other Panda departments, independent survey companies, and publishers
* Bachelor s degree in Business, HR or related field or equivalent experience
* Minimum one to two years of work experience, preferably in a retail/hospitality environment
* Successful completion of annual store training
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to demonstrate and teach Panda s Mission, Values, and Culture
* Basic knowledge of Human Resources
* Computer/technology skills and highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
* Communication (oral and written), customer service, interpersonal, and listening skills
* Basic financial, project management, and data analysis skills
* Time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
* Demonstrates proactive behavior
* Ability to solve problems independently
* Ability to meet deadlines, pay attention to details, and multi-task in a high-paced, high volume environment
* Ability to work positively with other departments and Operations ( win/win )
* Ability to talk and share before a group
* Ability to embrace change and continuous learning
Panda Restaurant Group s culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.