Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Suwanee, Georgia
An entry-level distribution role that requires limited material handling equipment use. Frequently provides the steps to gain greater experience and knowledge required for advancement in the distribution center. This role utilizes cutting edge technology in a fast paced environment to delight and create value for our customers by moving our business products accurately and timely.
· One or more of the following critical supply chain functions that assist in delivering product to our customers.
o Order set up and prep within order selecting areas
o Less than full case order selecting
o Less than full case inbound stocking
· Sorts and applies shipping labels in appropriate location on empty carton. Places appropriate Priority Clip (if applicable). Places order or bags inside carton or attaches to Priority Clip. Places cartons on conveyor or cart and enters them into the picking system.
· Inspects completed order for quality; Rearranges contents of carton as necessary; Applies appropriate amount of dunnage into carton; Operates foot control to obtain boxes; Properly folds flaps on carton; Pushes carton through tape machine; Prepares necessary documentation for shipment, i.e., packing list.
· Obtains and loads raw material into box erector; Runs box erector; Grabs constructed cartons from queue; Stacks constructed boxes to appropriate height; Transports constructed stacked boxes to appropriate staging area.
· Obtains appropriate item and quantity from pick locations; Places appropriate safety or quality peripherals on item as needed; Places item(s) into carton or bag; Rearranges prior items in carton (if necessary); Pushes completed carton onto conveyor (if applicable); Removes and dispose of empty cartons from pick location.
· Confirms replenishment label matches carton and location marker matches item; Carries or transports replenishment cartons, to appropriate location; Scans replenishment label and location marker (if applicable); Cuts open and removes contents of replenishment carton; Rearranges location as needed; Places individual items into proper location.
· Maintains a clean and safe work environment following all policies and procedures.
· Active participant in our Lean Continuous Improvement culture and process.
· Understands and demonstrates Essendant's Core Values.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Highly dependable individual demonstrating key USI Values including Teamwork, Integrity, Honesty and Accountability.
· Ability to develop and perform all required tasks within the scope of DA1 to the level of established productivity required and in keeping with applicable Standard Operating Procedures, rules, established processes and Quality guidelines.
· Ability to learn and operate equipment in a safe and controlled manner, i.e., box erector, tape machine, Taylor Dunn, pallet jack and walkie-rider.
· Ability to leverage appropriate technology in an effective manner, i.e., pick-to-voice, computer, scanner, Associate kiosks etc.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
· Ability to follow simple directions (verbal and written) in English.
· Ability to perform basic math
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
See job description