Work Location: Andrews AFB, MD Clearance Requirements: Secret
As a subsidiary of Goldbelt, Inc., Goldbelt Falcon is a an 8(a) Alaska Native Corporation providing scientific, engineering and technical services tailored to the defense, security, aerospace and environmental markets. Goldbelt Falcon is in search of a PMEL Technician located at Andrews AFB, Maryland.
Position requires experience in metrology principles as applied to all measurement disciplines. Position requires extensive knowledge in the K3/K4 section of the Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory (PMEL) and basic knowledge in the K1/K8 section. This position will be responsible for calibration/repair of the K3/K4 Test Measurement Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) to include electronic, electro-mechanical, frequency, time-domain, microwave, and voltage, current and resistance equipment. Will assist other calibration sections as K3/K4 workload permits.
• Maintain, repair, and calibrate electronic, electro-mechanical, physical, dimensional, mechanical, and optical TMDE.
• Exercise independent judgment in tasks such as making circuit analysis, calculating waveforms, and tracing relationships in signal flow.
• Utilize TMDE to troubleshoot and repair systems and circuit boards to component level, to include surface-mount technology.
• Capture test readings using common instruments such as oscilloscopes, digital multi-meters, pulse generators, power meters, torque calibrator, temperature, and pressure measurement devices.
• Ensure work is reviewed for compliance with accepted practices.
• Possess ability to read, interpret, and analyze block, schematic, and wiring diagrams, blueprints, and technical publications.
• Perform general maintenance and overhaul procedures.
• Operate under immediate supervision and achieve technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician.
• Provide technical guidance, if required, to lower level technicians.
• Perform additional duties as directed by supervisor.
Proven record of honesty and integrity in all relationships.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of four (4) years PMEL or calibration technical experience.
• Experience to include inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, overhauling, aligning, calibrating, and certifying TMDE, and metrology laboratory working standards.
• Moderate knowledge of electrical, electronics, electro-mechanical, mechanical, physics, and optics, and thermal principles; mathematics and number systems.
• Moderate knowledge of electrical theory, electronics and/or physics, and operating principles of TMDE.
• Good organizational skills, with the ability to establish priorities.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Will be required to obtain a security clearance.
• Experience in a USAF PMEL.
• Knowledge of the USAF PMEL Automated Management System, the USAF Metrology and Calibration Program, and the USAF Quality System and Quality Program.
• Computer skills to include use of Microsoft Office (Excel, WORD, Outlook)
• Formal USAF PMEL School with experience in USAF PMEL
• Formal TACAN training and experience.
Goldbelt Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.