Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Valley, Nebraska
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
The primary challenge of the Senior Operations Manager is to increase the ratio of value to non-value for an assigned product family within the Valley Structures organization. Responsibilities include eliminating waste in the overall value stream, ensuring that the value stream meets or exceeds customer requirements, and ensuring that all work within the value stream is conducted in a safe and secure manner. The scope of responsibility for this position ranges from order entry through deliver including profit and loss accountability as it relates to the site's annual operating plan.
* Ensure all safety systems, processes, and policies are being adhered to at all times
* Develop strategies and goals that will meet the product line objectives
* Indirectly oversee Lean Manufacturing, Engineering, Production Control, and Maintenance for product family.
* Preparing and utilizing a Lean tools and techniques to eliminate waste and improve processes.
* Lead and mobilize associates inside and outside of the value stream to enable the required changes
* Leading the day-to-day activities to ensure that current commitments are achieved and improvements are made
* Execution of the master production schedule, including long and short-range capacity planning
* Communicate departmental, divisional, and Company information to all employees on a regular basis
* This position reports into the Senior Plant Manager and may have 3-6 direct reports
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
* Preferred Bachelors with 7+ years relevant experience OR Associates Degree with 8+ years relevant experience OR 11+ years of relevant experience
* Cross functional experience working with two or more different functions
* Proven managerial skills (previous management/supervisory related work history).
* Excellent leadership and communication skills
* Ability to step back and view Value Stream activities from a broad perspective
* Ability to identify critical system constraints
* Ability to interact effectively with customers and suppliers
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering Technology, or a related field is preferred
* 5+ years supervisory experience in a manufacturing operation
* 2+ years of experience in Lean Manufacturing
* Financial experience including P & L responsibilities
* Professional certification in Lean, Six Sigma, or related training is preferred
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and/or can be loud in the factory.
This position requires the employee to regularly reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.