Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Suwanee, Georgia
This position is for a system engineering role in the Service Provider Wi-Fi engineering organization. The engineering team is responsible for designing, integrating and testing managed Wi-Fi solution.
Day to day responsibilities include
* Integrate Wi-Fi AAA core, Access Controllers, Access Points, Access Gateways, NOC dashboard, Portal Server, Business Intelligence, Wireless Intelligence tool into a complete system solution.
* Install, configure and maintain Wi-Fi core elements (AAA system, Web portal server, network switches and routers, NOC dashboard, Ruckus Access Point Controllers) and access elements (Access Controller, Access Point) in the lab and production environment.
* Define and create test plan (automated and manual). Setup lab for testing. Run automated test suites on daily basis and generate reports.
* Create internal tickets to track issues found during testing. Work with designers, partners, vendors to find solution for the issues.
* Develop new or update existing simple web portals. Test web portal functionality.
* Take initial builds of these products and put them together in a functioning system
* Setup systems for trade show and customer demos.
* Validate MOPs ( Method of Procedure) for various field activities ( system installation and configuration, upgrades, functionality configuration)
* Actively monitor the systems that are deployed in production environment. Interface with customers on product level issues, design details and problem identification and resolution. Clearly document the product resolutions.
* Ensure effective communications with peers and management.
* Supply written reports of status for projects assigned to the team to keep management informed of problems and project status.
* Perform other duties as required.
* Support platform maintenance in off hour windows periodically
* Basic understanding of Wi-Fi, web services, IT infrastructure, IP Networks.
* Basic understanding of networking protocols or network elements (routers, switches).
* Basic understanding of Linux/Unix commands required.
* 1-4 years experience preferred.
* Good communication and problem solving skills. Should be conscientious, attentive to detail and analytical.
* Must be adaptable, able to work with others.
* Understanding of Web portal development, Java Script, Python, CSS, Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, PHP
* Masters degree
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or similar field.
0-2 years engineering experience.
As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicants race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status