Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Suwanee, Georgia
Requisition ID: 40034
Business Unit: Training Systems Atlanta (3300)
Suwanee, GA, United States, 30024
This is a Temporary Position.
MTSI is a global leader in Live Fire and Virtual training equipment. MTSI currently has ~400 employees in 7 countries - US, UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore, Holland, and UAE, performing sales and service activities with a majority of employees located in Suwanee, GA. Most of the production and engineering is performed in Suwanee.
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East. Job Designation
The Electro- Mechanical Assembler
Candidates will work in a modified production line assembling training simulators. They will assemble parts or units, and position, align, and fasten units to assemblies, subassemblies, or frames using hand tools and power tools. They will install fasteners, connect cables, tubing, and wiring according to specifications. They must be able to perform the required sequence of operations within the time allowed while maintaining quality standards. Job Core Responsibilities
* Read Blueprints and specifications to determine component parts and assembly sequences of electromechanical units
* Understand written documentation and procedures or verbal instructions (English)
* Proficient with basic hand tools and assembly practices
* Possess basic computer skills (Windows)
* Proficient with basic wiring, soldering, crimping and ESD practices
* Ability to inspect their own work and maintain quality standards
* Ability to work as part of a team or unsupervised
* Provide information to supervisors or coworkers through written, verbal, or electronic means
* Conduct tests and inspections of assemblies or subassemblies
* Ability to troubleshoot and repair assemblies that fail function testing
* Inspect materials to identify the cause of errors or defects
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK MON-THU 6 AM-4:30 PM
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK FRI - SUN WHEN REQUIRED (OVERTIME HOURS TBD)
MUST BE ABLE TO STAND FOR UP TO 2.5 HOURS AT A TIME
ABILITY TO MOVE OBJECTS WEIGHING UP TO 50 LBS
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.