Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Jonesboro, Arkansas
New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) offers 90 degree programs, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees, in more than 50 fields of study, including architecture and design; arts and sciences; education; engineering and computing sciences; health professions; management; and medicine. A non-profit, independent, private, and nonsectarian institution of higher education, NYIT has more than 9,000 students worldwide.
Since 1955, NYIT has pursued its mission to: provide career-oriented professional education, give all qualified students access to opportunity, and support research and scholarship that benefit the larger world.
For more information, visit nyit.edu.
The eleven-month program (July 1st June 1st) consists of a longitudinal curriculum whereby the graduate is exposed to multiple areas of medicine (academic, research, and clinical)
* In the capacity of a junior faculty member the graduate physician is assigned duties consistent with their level of expertise in that they can deliver lectures in collaboration with a fulltime NYITCOM clinical faculty member. Specifically, the areas of lecture concentrate in DPR and Population Health.
* Similar to lecture assignment, graduate faculty physicians are assigned to labs that can help them grow and gain expertise in areas of importance for an osteopathic resident physician.
* OMM assignment as a table trainer reporting to the vice chair of OMM.
* DPR assignment as a junior faculty reporting to the vice chair of clinical medicine
* CBL assignment as a facilitator working with other faculty assigned to the case
* Anatomy ELECTIVE assignment
* Faculty Development
* Graduate faculty are expected to attend faculty development workshops and programs that occur on the Jonesboro campus.
* Graduate faculty are expected to attend department of clinical medicine faculty meetings
* NYITCOM Faculty
* Graduate faculty will accompany NYITCOM faculty during their clinical time and function at the level of a first year resident with Attending oversight.
* NYITCOM Teaching Service
* Graduate faculty will be assigned to the NYITCOM inpatient teaching service.
* Graduate physicians will embark upon a research project and may either coordinate with a basic science, clinical, or adjunct faculty researcher. It is expected the graduate physician will publish or present at a national conference. Coordination of these projects occur with the Office of Research under the direction of the Senior Director of Research.
* Weekly cohort coaching with the program director
* Monthly individual coaching with the program director
* Career s in Medicine Program
* The applicant must be a graduate of NYITCOM and have successfully passed COMLEX level 1, COMLEX level 2 CE, and COMLEX level 2 PE.
* The applicant may not be enrolled in another program and must be eligible to participate in the ACGME ERAS ( Match ) system for the next cycle.
* The applicant must be up to date on required vaccines as per hospital or clinic protocol.
* Graduate faculty physicians are appointed the academic rank of instructor in the department of clinical medicine with an appointment period of up to three years.
* The graduate physician reports to vice chair of clinical medicine, vice chair of osteopathic manipulative medicine, and the vice chair of basic sciences when performing assigned duties within those departments.
* Oversight of the graduate physician program is provided by the dean of the campus.
Please submit cover letter & resume for consideration
NYIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity