Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Bedford, Massachusetts
JOB SUMMARY: This position supports the department by handing and preparing all incoming submissions and information. Position will perform a variety of clerical duties to ensure proper processing of data to maintain quality department standards.
This position is seated in the Bedford, MA office and is temp with the possibility of hire.
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Classify, screen and route incoming submissions. Analyze provider information in the system of record and external sources for provider verification purposes, making field selections, and file routing decisions.
2. Pre-screen incoming submissions and request information via telephone, fax or e-mail. May require manual format conversion or special handling to be usable by data entry staff.
3. Populate required fields at the validation stage by reviewing scanned images timely and accurately..
4. Identify incorrect scanned image batches and escalate accordingly.
5. Prepares hard copy submissions as needed for scanning and assists with faxing, filing or other priorities
6. Respond to internal and external inquiries to verify information or collect data via telephone or e-mail.
7. Meet production and quality standards..
8. Provide excellent customer service and strive to continuously improve service delivery according to departmental and corporate guidelines and principles.
9. Perform clerical tasks including but not limited to: data entry, faxing, filing, photocopying, compiling records, sorting and distributing mail, receiving, storing and distributing files., Handle the daily sorting of all hard copy mail into various categories.
10. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
11. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
12. Demonstrate Company's Core Competencies and values held within.
13. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
JOB SCOPE:The incumbent works under general supervision in a self-directed and results oriented manner. The incumbent works within established standards and procedures, relying on a broad range of knowledge gained through experience to complete job responsibilities. Work involves support tasks with low to moderate complexity with more complex issues referred to higher levels.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, and Training):
* Minimum High School Diploma or GED
* Minimum 1 year experience in healthcare environment preferred
* Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software, MS Office, preferred.
* Excellent communication, organization and attention to detail skills
* Ability to follow through and work under deadlines
* Service oriented, flexible and ability to work under pressure
* Works well in both individual and team environments.
* Required licensures, professional certifications, and/or Board certifications as applicable
* Individual in this position must be able to work in a standard office environment which requires sitting and viewing monitor(s) for extended periods of time, operating standard office equipment such as, but not limited to, a keyboard, copier and telephone
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company will provide equal consideration to all employees and job candidates without regard to sex, age, race, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled