Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Weekends Only
Is your current role providing you the level of challenge and fulfillment you are looking for? If not, consider the Trident Health, committed to building a health community across the greater Charleston area and the Lowcountry. The core of our values emanates from our continued focus on improving the health and quality of life for residents in the communities we serve. To accomplish this we aim to identify top talent aligned with our values and dedicated to cultivating our mission.
We invite you to learn more about the fantastic opportunity, who we are and how you can join our dynamic team. Trident Health is a 407-bed HCA hospital system comprised of two acute care hospitals - Trident Medical Center and Summerville Medical Center - as well as two free standing emergency departments - Centre Pointe Emergency and Moncks Corner Medical Center. The Joint Commission recently named Trident Health as one of the nation's top hospitals for quality and safety for the fourth year in a row. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued?
We'd love to hear from you. Come join our team of dedicated professionals that are committed to delivering the best patient care in the world. Why don't you apply now?
Click here for our 2018 Year-End Celebration
WE ARE SEARCHING FOR A REGISTERED NURSE PATIENT CARE COORDINATOR FOR A FULL TIME WEEKEND SHIFT (7P-7A) POSITION ON OUR STATE-OF-THE-ART POST SURGICAL UNIT. The Post Surgical Patient Care Coordinator RN is responsible to the Nursing Director for the delivery of quality patient care utilizing the nursing process. Apply your nursing knowledge derived from education and experience as foundation for patient care, communication, and documentation on the unit.
Under the supervision of the nurse Manager, the Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) RN provides professional nursing care as directed by the physicians in accordance with established policies and procedures of Trident Health. In collaboration with the patient, the patients' family and other members of the health care team, the Unit Supervisor assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and coordinates treatment plans. The Unit Supervisor provides safe nursing care, supervises and evaluates patient care and personnel performance, coordinates nursing activities with other departments and promotes good public relations. Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor. Employee must have the same licensure or have completed the same training to satisfy the requirements of the discipline of the student. Direct supervision means the primary caregiver is readily available to the student throughout the shift.
Essential Core Functions:
* Provide quality patient care, in keeping with the philosophy and objectives of the hospital and department.
* Maintain and support the standards of nursing care and practice in order to meet the health care needs of patients, their families and the community.
* Prescribes, delegates and coordinates all nursing care provided to assigned patients and is responsible for meeting all standards associated with performance, nursing practice and nursing care.
* Current unencumbered South Carolina or Multi-state Compact Registered Nurse License
* Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Certification on hire
* ACLS Certification within 6 months of hire/transfer
* Graduate of NLN accredited school of nursing
* Acute care experience preferred.
* Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer.
* Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities
* This is a full time weekend shift position (7p-7a)
We are so excited to speak with you about this phenomenal opportunity. Apply to hear more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.