Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It's an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we're connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
**This role will support HCA's South Atlantic Division office**
We are headquartered in Charleston, SC and feature hospitals, free standing ERs, surgery centers, imaging centers and physician practices in Florida, Georgia and South Carolina. In 2018, our 12 hospitals and more than 100 sites of care treated 1.8 million patients.
As an HR Coordinator you will support implementation of HR strategies and COE programs in their facility under the direction of the Facility (or LOB) VP of HR:
SUPPORT EFFECTIVE EMPLOYEE ACCESS TO HR SERVICES
* Implement HR programs/initiatives within the facility (or LOB) as directed by the VP of HR in collaboration with HR Business Partners, managers and employees.
* Support effective implementation of the HR Support Model; direct employees and managers to the appropriate source of information (self-service portal, HR Service Center) and facilitate access.
* Interface with the HR Service Center or HR Centers of Excellence as needed to support HCA program execution.
* Raise employee and manager awareness about available programs.
* Respond appropriately to time-sensitive HR issues; support planned response in safety or security emergencies affecting the facility (including weather).
SUPPORT EMPLOYEE & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
* Support local employee engagement and community events or activities; coordinate employee recognition and service award events or program implementation.
* Distribute HR communications efficiently.
* Coordinate and provide support for Employee Activity Groups.
* Support implementation of department or facility action plans as a result of engagement survey results, sensing, etc.
SUPPORT HR OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE
* Ensure compliance with HCA HR policies and processes.
* Maintain confidential Employee Relations data to be sent to the HR Service Center as appropriate (documenting behaviors, discussions, disciplinary actions, etc.).
* Support local hiring processes defined by the Recruiting Center of Excellence. Post jobs locally if necessary. Facilitate onsite interview process as needed; revise job descriptions if needed, working with Recruiting and Compensation. Coordinate local orientation programs and assist with content delivery.
* Provide program support to compliance initiatives; gather information and help with preparation for compliance audits (OFCCP, Joint Commission, Dept. of Labor). Maintain required legal postings.
* Support learning and development activities at the facility (logistics, program tracking, completion of development plan actions, updating and preparing succession plan documentation, etc.).
* Support benefits enrollment at the location, setting up information sessions, directing employees to the appropriate web and call center resources.
* Assist in equipping managers for the salary and incentive planning process.
* Produce standard reports on HR metrics from core HR systems as required by the VP of HR.
* Assist employees with return to work from Leaves of Absence or Workers' Comp by performing tasks which cannot be performed by the HR Service Center (meeting with employees, completing local paperwork, etc.).
* Other duties as assigned.
* Less than 1 year of experience is required.
* HR Experience is highly preferred.
* College graduate highly preferred.
* Earning trust through results
* Influencing/relating to others
* Improving through self-awareness
* Developing talent
* Improving utility of HR operations
* Leveraging social media tools
* Connecting people through technology
* Sustaining change
* Creating a meaningful work environment
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe deeply in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits package allows you to select the options that best meet the needs of you and your family. Benefits include 401k, paid time off medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
We would love to talk to you about this phenomenal opportunity. Don't wait, apply today!
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.