Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Lewisville, Texas
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time
The FLOWER MOUND EMERGENCY CENTER provides the same stat-of-the-art, life-saving resources as a hospital-based emergency room. It is close to home and has a minimal wait time. The 24 hour freestanding ER also has 12 private rooms (including pediatric and women's health emergency rooms), advanced testing and imaging technology and a pharmacist on staff. It is owned and operated by the Medical City Lewisville, a Magnet(R) designated facility.
POSITION SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The REGISTERED NURSE - RN - EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT - ER OR ED provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
* Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
* Carries out physician orders.
* Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, monitors vital signs.
* Manages pain, low complexity medical conditions and high complexity medical conditions
* Initiates prescribed treatment plans
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Instructs and educates patients and families.
* Performs nursing care consistent with the needs of pediatric adolescent, adult and geriatric patients requiring treatment and care
* Current licensure as an RN or compact license
* Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider
* Obtain ACLS, ENPC and PALS certification within 6 months of hire
* Minimum of one year of recent experience
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
* Associates Degree in Nursing required. Enroll in BSN program within 6 months of hire and obtain in 36 months
* Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.