Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Ogden, Utah
PACK ~ UTILITY
Want to make something truly special? Join Ardent Mills, the premier flour-milling and ingredients company. With us, you can make products that exceed customer expectations. Make communities healthier and more prosperous. Make the innovative breakthroughs that shape our industry. Make the food that nourishes people throughout North America.
Our operations and services are supported by 40 flour mills, three bakery-mix facilities, and a specialty bakery, all located in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. We have deep roots in our communities, employing more than 100 certified millers, supporting thousands of local jobs and contributing billions of dollars to local economies.
The pack utility is involved in all the activities in the Packing Department. The primary responsibilities include maintaining sanitation, performing backup to operators, staging packing supplies, and packing totes as needed. You will receive training as needed to perform the operational duties, which provides great opportunities for advancement.
To succeed, you must be able to:
* Deliver results in first-time situations by inspiring others and working to earn trust every day.
* Serve others with understanding, respect, and care.
* Operate with simplicity, clarity, and transparency.
* Deal with and drive change.
* Organize, prioritize and own multiple tasks while meeting or exceeding deadlines.
* Learn and apply new technology, and share your knowledge with others.
Above all you will be expected to carry out all your activities with reliability, integrity, and compliance in a safe, environmentally responsible, and efficient manner.
* Maintain sanitation in assigned areas of the plant by cleaning and by fixing leaks. Areas may include floors, equipment, roofs, over-head areas, and outside grounds.
* Specialized cleaning tasks such as working sifters and filter sock changes.
* Crosstrain and be available for coverage of packers and palletizers.
* Support the packing lines by getting packing materials staged and ready, covering during breaks/lunches, and other tasks as needed.
* Comply with GMP, HACCP, Food Safety, Food Defense, Sanitation and Regulatory mandates.
* Any other duties as assigned, including but not limited to attending safety meetings.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* High School Diploma or GED.
* Has demonstrated the ability to work within a diverse group, communicate effectively, motivate others, foster teamwork, and exhibit self-control and awareness.
* Experience with OSHA, food safety rules, and regulations.
* Basic computer skills.
* Excellent Communication Skills - written and verbal.
* Ability to prioritize, coordinate and accomplish multiple tasks.
GOOD TO HAVE:
* Experience in a production setting.
* Experience working in a team environment.
* Experience driving forklifts.
* Assesses own strengths and weaknesses, pursues training and development opportunities, strives to continuously build knowledge and skills, and shares expertise with others.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS (WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION):
* Willing and able to work in a plant environment that at times, may be dusty, include temperature extremes, involve climbing, heavy lifting, and other forms of physical exertion.
* Willing and able to work with wheat products, dust, i.e. no wheat /gluten sensitivity, intolerance and/or allergies.
* Willing to work rotating shifts.
* This role provides the opportunity for advancement into other operator roles.
ARDENT MILLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, DISABILITY OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS.
THE PRECEDING POSITION DESCRIPTION HAS BEEN DESIGNED TO INDICATE THE GENERAL NATURE AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF WORK PERFORMED BY EMPLOYEES WITHIN THIS POSITION. IT MAY NOT CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE INVENTORY OF ALL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF EMPLOYEES IN THIS POSITION. THE DESCRIPTION, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS, AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT THE DISCRETION OF ARDENT MILLS.