Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Stockton, California
COORDINATOR BEREAVEMENT - FULL TIME
AC - Coordinator Bereavement
This position will be scheduled for 4 days a week, day shift with occasional after hours group sessions.
You appreciate our team approach to hospice care as a Bereavement Coordinator at AseraCare Hospice. That's because you know how to provide the best care to our patients and their families. Rather than treating the disease, we treat the whole person and that's why it's so important to have an expansive support network. So by providing support in your area of expertise, you will make a meaningful contribution to quality hospice care. Use your talent to make a difference today a Bereavement Coordinator at AseraCare Hospice with a wide variety of responsibilities each and every day. Are you ready to offer your expertise and experience to assist our objectives* You'll work to optimize customer satisfaction during these invaluable moments.
Coordinates and manages Bereavement Services
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
* Coordinates and manages Bereavement Services by receiving psycho/social/spiritual information from patients/families for members of the interdisciplinary team, contacting families after death to obtain funeral information and to schedule \\"Closure Visita\\" , completing a Bereavement Assessment within 4-6 weeks after death, or reviewing bereavement assessments completed by other team members, supervising the mailing of bereavement letters/cards, conducting follow-up bereavement counseling as indicated, and referring individuals to community resources as appropriate
* Coordinates grief support groups
* Coordinates hospice memorial services for family members and hospice staff and volunteers
* Assigns and supervises bereavement volunteers
* Participates in volunteer and staff education related to bereavement care
* Maintains necessary documentation related to bereavement services
CODE OF CONDUCT
Must adhere to the Company's Code of Conduct and Business Ethics policy including documentation and reporting responsibilities.
* Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, bereavement counseling, ministry/spirituality from an accredited college or university; Master's degree, preferred
* Experience in dealing with grief and bereavement
* Education and experience must equal at least five years
* CPR certified
* Must have valid driver's license, 24-hour access to a motor vehicle and maintain personal auto liability insurance coverage
* Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient and company proprietary information
* Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively and work cooperatively with residents, family and other employees at all levels
* Must possess computer skills of the types and at a level necessary to accomplish the job
* Hospice or end of life work experience, preferred
* Support group facilitation experience, preferred
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
Mobility, reaching, bending, lifting (minimum of 10 pounds), fine hand coordination, ability to read and write, the ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions and directions, ability to travel, and ability to remain calm under pressure.
Golden Living and AseraCare Hospice are committed to enhancing the lives of the patients we care for. Here, you'll find some of the best professionals in healthcare working together to provide the highest level of care to every patient and resident we serve. And, we're able to offer career opportunities that fit almost anyone's background or level of experience. From where you work to how you work to everything in between, we're confident that at Golden Living and AseraCare Hospice, you'll find exactly what you're looking for in your career.
6494 AseraCare Hospice - Stockton
AseraCare Hospice - Stockton
City State and Zip
Stockton, CA 95219
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.