Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Maumee, Ohio
(ODLS) Special Education Teacher HS 2019/2020
[ODLS] SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER (GRADES 9-12) INSPIRE THE FUTURE
K12 is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
Passionate High School Educators are needed at the K12 partner school, ODLS. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
FIRST YEAR TEACHERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. Teachers with one or more years of teaching experience are required to provide past performance data.
* Teaching Certificate(s)
* Performance Evaluations
* Prior Year State Assessment Data
* Reference Letter(s)
The mission of ODLS is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
AS A VIRTUAL TEACHER, YOU WILL ENJOY...
* INSTRUCTIONAL ENVIRONMENT - Implementing instructional strategies that stimulate learning and increase student engagement
* Creating instructional resources to meet the varying needs of students
* BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS - Collaborating with parents and colleagues to manage coarse goals, curriculum, and materials that enhance the learning experience
* PROFESSIONALISM - Actively participating in Professional Learning Communities (or professional development)
* COMMUNICATION - Hosting live synchronous sessions that promote a positive learning environment
* DATA DRIVEN PRACTICE - Analyzing student data to prescribe remediation and enrichment as needed
* Participating in data analysis meetings to monitor student growth
Get To Know (ODLS) !
* Behind the scenes
* A Day in the life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students' individual needs* If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12's learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child's learning.
* Master s degree in Education Administration or similar field of study AND
* Five (5) years of relevant experience OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates And Licenses:
Ohio Professional Principals License and Credentialed Teacher Evaluator Certification or be able to obtain them.
Other Required Qualifications
* Strong communication skills: written, oral, presentation
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
* Ability to pass required background check
* Familiarity with online learning programs
* Familiarity with student management systems
* Familiarity with state graduation requirements
* Familiarity with post-secondary opportunities
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* This is a home based position.
THE ABOVE JOB IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN ALL-INCLUSIVE LIST OF DUTIES AND STANDARDS OF THE POSITION. INCUMBENTS WILL FOLLOW ANY OTHER INSTRUCTIONS, AND PERFORM ANY OTHER RELATED DUTIES, AS ASSIGNED BY THEIR SUPERVISOR. ALL EMPLOYMENT IS AT-WILL AS GOVERNED BY THE LAW OF THE STATE WHERE THE EMPLOYEE WORKS. IT IS FURTHER UNDERSTOOD THAT THE AT-WILL NATURE OF EMPLOYMENT IS ONE ASPECT OF EMPLOYMENT THAT CANNOT BE CHANGED EXCEPT IN WRITING AND SIGNED BY AN AUTHORIZED OFFICER.
WHO ARE WE*
* About us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Send This Job to a Friend