Posted in Skilled Labor - Trades 1 day ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Sterling, Virginia
Discovery Inc is the world’s #1 pay-TV programmer reaching 2.7 billion subscribers in more than 220 countries and territories. Global Technology & Operations provides technological infrastructure and operations support to ensure audiences can enjoy Discovery's programming around the world and across platforms. Already a leader in the factual and lifestyle genres, Discovery has expanded its core business into new genres: sports, entertainment and kids. Its platforms and product eco-systems are now engaged in terrestrial/free-to-air, OTT products and content development/production companies.
The Way We Work
Discovery continues to grow around the world and across platforms. GT&O is building media technology and systems that meet world class standards for which Discovery is known. Our culture and leadership traits are in evolution as we expand from a traditional linear Pay TV business towards a convergent media and entertainment business that encompasses digital and mobile. Discovery is developing direct-to-consumer relationships, while delivering traditional platforms, with innovative solutions. Discovery is looking to embrace a dynamic and entrepreneurial individual.
Digital Content Services Technicians are responsible for evaluating all digital deliveries, outputs and derivatives as well as preparing files for delivery to linear and non-linear distribution. They are expected to have knowledge of transcode platforms, file formats, domestic and international media standards, and media asset management. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to: Initiating transcodes, reviewing and acting on Auto QC data, as well as tagging and updating associated metadata. Additional focus will be on demonstration efficient communication and computer skills.
1. Perform technical review and database entry of digital content
2. Utilize Media Asset Management system to update metadata and provide reporting as needed
3. Audio/Video fault and issue tracking and follow up
4. Input/Validate accurate information into Scheduling module
5. Monitor internal systems for incoming media requests, including but not limited to standards conversion, file creation, content management and distribution
6. Negotiate, prioritize and manage client expectations for delivery timelines
7. Coordinate with internal and external Discovery clients to confirm specific technical requirements
8. Knowledge of related standard operation procedures and company policies
9. Initiate and troubleshoot media creation workflows
* Must possess excellent organization skills, good verbal and written communication skills and proficient in computer usage.
* Must have a thorough understanding of professional/broadcast HD and SD signal standards
* Must have a thorough understanding of video resolution, and audio formatting
* Must have basic understanding of Media files including: file formats, codecs, file size and storage
* Must have demonstrated experience dealing with immediate deadlines that require problem solving and “on the fly” critical analysis
* Must be self-motivated, highly organized, detail oriented, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines in a team environment
* Able to work independently and within a team
* Must maintain professional attitude, demeanor and relationship with DCI management, co-workers and staff at all times.
* This position is considered an essential position. This means that during times of inclement weather, emergencies, or when access to the workplace may be impeded, that employees in this position are expected to report to work to support business continuance, unless otherwise instructed by his/her direct manager.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Sterling, Virginia, VA