Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Nampa, Idaho
COTA will provide services for curative, rehabilitative, and/or preventive purposes. COTA will also provide Occupational Therapy services for patients assisting in the treatment, program planning and implementation, related documentation, and communication and functions under the supervision of the Occupational Therapist.
SAFETY & EMERGENCY:
* Attends annual safety and infection control education required by agency
* Uses safety precautions as appropriate for patients, employees, public and self, e.g. proper positioning of self, good body mechanics, universal precautions, and defensive driving skills
* Knows location of all emergency equipment in homes, car, and is aware of established emergency and safety procedures
* Develops and maintains own and patient/ caregiver knowledge of emergency procedures
* Supports mission, philosophy, and goals of Signature Home Health.
* Meets Signature Home Health standards for attendance and punctuality; maintains professional manner in dress and in speech.
* Completes mandatory education requirements annually
* Follows agency policies
* Maintains confidentiality of patient, family, and other staff
* Attends required staff meetings
* Maintains a basic understanding of age-related differences in caring for and communicating with patients and caregivers
* Functions as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, promoting team communication and support.
* Meets productivity expectations for this position; organizes tasks and manages time effectively.
* Documents client services legibly, accurately, and in concert with professional practice standards and reimbursement requirements
* Can work well alone, without supervision. Asks appropriate questions when unsure of an assignment, takes initiative in areas expected of him/her. Uses good judgment in difficult situations.
* Works as scheduled; notifies the supervisor/ office or designee of delays or absences according to established expectations
* Able to problem-solve effectively when the home environment is not physically safe for staff or the patient
* Provides Occupational Therapy services to clients under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist in accordance with state regulations
* Assists the Occupational Therapist in the evaluation process as needed or directed
* Assists the Occupational Therapist in identifying a problem list, short-term goals, long term goals and treatment plan
* Conducts treatments as assigned by the Occupational Therapist and outlined in the treatment plan that includes but is not limited to areas of muscle strength, coordination, mobility, sensory awareness, sitting and standing, transfer training, balance activities, gait training, range of motion activities and modalities
* Monitors client s response to intervention and consults with Occupational Therapist if modification is required
* Implements and conducts treatment as outlined in treatment plan
* Participates in client, family, and staff education. Trains client, family, and other appropriate staff in the use of assistive devices
* Provides treatment in accordance with established standards of practice, company policy, and productivity standards
* Maintains safe and clean work area and adheres to company safety standards
* Complies with all Infection control, Universal Precautions, and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Works cooperatively with others; works out issues and problems with others assertively
* Follows the line of authority when one-on-one problem solving doesn t work
* Contributes to a positive atmosphere in the office as well as in patient s homes
* Willing to help others when needed
* Possesses personal sensitivity to the needs and experiences of others and a non- judgmental attitude towards persons of differing standards, values, lifestyles and ages
* May be required to attend to patients in homes that are not clean, are infested with insects or rodents, and second hand smoke
* Pathways to & from houses as well as the inside of houses may be cluttered and in poor repair.
* Driving conditions may be difficult related to weather and/ or traffic
* Working environment may have short periods of inadequate ventilation and/ or temperature control
* Able to drive a vehicle up to 150 miles in one day
* Able to climb stairs, inside or outside patient s home
* Able to lift, push, and pull at least 40 pounds without assistance
* Able to provide physical care to dependent patients who may be frail, elderly, obese and/or physically impaired; provide up to total assist with patient positioning, transfers and ambulation.
* Able to bend, squat and/or kneel to provide patient care.
* Able to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively in English.
* Able to tolerate driving in congested areas and frequent changes in schedules due to unexpected time constraints.
* Able to tolerate short periods of secondary smoke, inadequate ventilation, or temperature control.
* Maintains knowledge of and adheres to all applicable laws, rules, and standards.
* Reports, as appropriate, actual or suspicious activity related to fraud and/or operational abuse of laws, regulations and standards.
Education: Associate degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited
License/Certification: Requires current CPR certification, current state driver's license or transportation available to cover entire service area without advance notice, and current minimum automobile insurance coverage as required by
Experience and Skills: Interest in working with ill, elderly and/or disabled clients, with at least one year of recent experience in a clinical
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Upon hire, all employees must pass a criminal background check and DMV check, and have two or more satisfactory employment references.
The mission of Signature Healthcare at Home is to enhance the life of every person we serve. The Signature team are compassionate professionals with a calling to help others. Signature understands there is no better feeling than connecting with your patients, your team, and your colleagues. It is a feeling we promote every day, because we live it every day just like you. We know that promoting a rich, satisfying work environment for our clinicians is key to our success!
Signature Companies full and part time employee benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, wellness program, flexible spending accounts, ID and Medical ID theft restoration services, education reimbursement and online training programs, generous Paid Time Off, and employer paid life insurance and AD&D coverage, as well as optional benefits such as short term disability and accident insurance.
Signature Companies is very concerned about your safety and that of our employees, patients and clients. We do not allow use of alcohol or drugs that may affect your ability to work safely. If you are hired for any position, you may be asked to take and pass a drug test at any time as a condition of continued employment. If you test positive for alcohol or any drug, it is presumed that you are under the influence during work.
Please note that as an organization receiving Federal monies as payment for patient services, we do not consider recreational marijuana a legal drug regardless of state law.
Signature Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer