Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
ARE YOU A NEW GRADUATE NURSE LOOKING FOR YOUR FIRST OPPORTUNITY? ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A NURSE RESIDENCY PROGRAM THAT INVESTS IN YOU, YOUR CAREER AND YOUR FUTURE?
Trident Health is a 407 bed multi-facility health system located in South Carolina's Lowcountry, and is part of the national HCA healthcare network. Trident Health is comprised of two acute care hospitals - Trident Medical Center and Summerville Medical Center -- and Centre Pointe Emergency Department and Moncks Corner Medical Center, which provides outpatient medical services and 24/7 Emergency Services. Affiliated with Trident are a number of physician practices that provide family medicine, surgical services and specialty medical care. These quality-focused entities work together to bring excellence in medical and wellness services to residents of the Lowcountry. For the third straight year, The Joint Commission recently recognized Trident as one of the nation's top hospitals for quality and safety.
Click here for Trident Medical Center's 2018 Year-End Celebration Video!
Click here for Summerville Medical Center's 2018 Year-End Celebration Video!
We invite new graduates to apply for our STARN NEW GRADUATE PROGRAM! This is a 10 - 14 week program starting in September 2019 featuring didactic and clinical training. It allows new graduates to obtain acute care nursing experience through an intensive residency program, then transition to staff roles within Trident Health. During the 10 - 14 week program you will be considered a PRN employee. At completion of the program you will transfer to Trident Health and your time in the StaRN Program will count towards your eligibility period for benefits when hired full time as an RN with the hospital.
WE OFFER A GENEROUS COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDING: COMPETITIVE PAY, PAID TIME OFF, PAID FAMILY MEDICAL LEAVE, 401K, MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION, LIFE INSURANCE, STUDENT LOAN ASSISTANCE, TUITION REIMBURSEMENT, CERTIFICATION PAY, EMPLOYEE STOCK PURCHASE PLAN AND A HUGE OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH.
Program acceptance requires a minimum two (2) year commitment to the facility. Failure to meet this may result in repayment of facility investment.
Tracks offered include Med/Surg and ICU.
PART 1: STARN PROGRAM (FIRST 10 - 14 WEEKS)
The program combines instructor-led classroom training, state-of-the-art simulation including comprehensive debrief, and self-directed learning while the learner also completes a clinical preceptorship at the hospital in the unit the learner will be employed in once the StaRN program is completed. Parts of the program may require travel to an offsite training location.
PART 2: HCA RESIDENCY PROGRAM - REMAINDER OF THE 1ST YEAR AFTER THE STARN PROGRAM
* Upon successful completion of the StaRN Program, residents will transition to their full-time roles at the hospital
* Learners continue professional development through routine interactions with a mentor (meet at least once a month)
* Attend a monthly residency seminar
* Complete an evidence-based capstone project
* Attend graduation
KEY VALUES TO THE CANDIDATES:
· Access to Mosby Elsevier Core Curriculum or AACN Core Curriculum
· Free Access to Lippincott Nursing Procedures and Skills during and after program completion
· BLS/ACLS Certification
· NIH Stroke Scale Certification
· CPI Certification, ECG, TeamSTEPPS, ENPC, TNCC, PALS (depending on chosen track)
· Meditech Training and Validation
· Customized Coaching/Onboarding report for clinical preceptorship
· Over 60 hours of high-fidelity simulation
· Benefit eligible after successful completion of the program.
* Graduate of an accredited nursing school
* Must have a South Carolina or multistate RN license to start the program
* Previous medical or service industry experience preferred
* Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
* ATTENDANCE IS IMPERATIVE THROUGHOUT THE STARN TRAINING PROGRAM
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.