Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Is your current role providing you the level of challenge and fulfillment you are looking for? If not, consider the Trident Medical Center, committed to building a health community across the greater Charleston area and the Lowcountry. The core of our values emanates from our continued focus on improving the health and quality of life for residents in the communities we serve. To accomplish this we aim to identify top talent aligned with our values and dedicated to cultivating our mission.
Trident Medical Center is a 313-bed major medical center providing a comprehensive range of services and specialties including a 24-hour emergency room with a Level II Trauma Center. The hospital's specialty services include an award-winning Heart Center; the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery; the Trident Breast Care Center; and the Joseph M. Still Burn Clinic, the region's only outpatient burn clinic offering services to patients of all ages. Trident Medical Center offers Critical Care Services and 24/7 hospitalist and intensivist programs. For more than 40 years, Trident Medical Center has proudly served patients and families in Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester Counties.
We'd love to hear from you. Come join our team of dedicated professionals that are committed to delivering the best patient care in the world. Why don't you apply now?
Click here for our 2018 Year-End Celebration
WE OFFER YOU A GENEROUS COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDING: COMPETITIVE PAY, PAID TIME OFF, 401K, MEDICAL, DENTAL VISION AND LIFE INSURANCE, TUITION REIMBURSEMENT AND EMPLOYEE STOCK PURCHASE PLAN.
WE ARE SEARCHING FOR A REGISTERED NURSE FOR A FULL-TIME, MID SHIFT (11A-11P) POSITION IN OUR STATE-OF-THE-ART EMERGENCY ROOM. The Emergency Room RN is responsible to the Nursing Director for the delivery of quality patient care utilizing the nursing process. Apply your nursing knowledge derived from education and experience as foundation for patient care, communication, and documentation on the unit.
Under the direction of the Nursing Director or Supervisor, the Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for the delivery of quality patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. The RN is responsible for directing all nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice and federal, state, and local regulations. The RN incorporates knowledge of patient's age specific development and cultural diversity into the plan of care. The RN contributes to quality nursing care through process improvement techniques and multidisciplinary collaboration that demonstrates positive outcomes in the delivery of patient care. Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor. Employee must have the same licensure or have completed the same training to satisfy the requirements of the discipline of the student. Direct supervision means the primary caregiver is readily available to the student throughout the shift.
ESSENTIAL CORE FUNCTIONS:
* Provide quality patient care, in keeping with the philosophy and objectives of the hospital and department.
* Maintain and support the standards of nursing care and practice in order to meet the health care needs of patients, their families and the community.
* Prescribes, delegates and coordinates all nursing care provided to assigned patients and is responsible for meeting all standards associated with performance, nursing practice and nursing care.
* Current unencumbered South Carolina or Multi-state Compact Registered Nurse License
* Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Certification on hire
* ACLS required within 6 month of hire/transfer
* PALS required within 6 months of hire/transfer
* NRP (MCMC, CPMC) Certification on hire or within 6 months of hire/transfer
* CPI (Crisis Prevention Institute) Certification on hire or within 6 months of hire/transfer
* NIH Stroke Scale Certification must be complete within 90 days of hire
* Graduate of NLN accredited school of nursing
* Experience in acute care preferred
* Emergency room experience preferred
* Physically and mentally capable to satisfy job requirement.
* Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer.
* Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities
* Effective communication skills; both orally and written
* Computer skills needed.
* Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care.
* Strong problem solving skills.
* This is a full time mid shift position (11a-11p)
* Weekend and holiday rotation required
We are so excited to speak with you about this phenomenal opportunity. Apply to hear more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.