The Corporate Project Accountant will be responsible for Project Analysis, Pricing and Invoicing.
- Develop price models for new business and follow-on proposal efforts.
- Developing, analyzing, evaluating, coordinating, preparing, and supporting cost proposals to government and commercial customers.
- Review Requests for Proposals (RFP) and proposal documents for compliance to customer specifications/requirements and adherence to company policy.
- Knowledge of various contract types (CPFF, T&M, FFP, etc.)
- Analyze and reconcile financial information to include billing, unbilled, funding and profitability.
- Unbilled analysis and reporting.
- Develop and maintain processes related to project accounting and reporting functions.
- Create invoices for government contracts.
- Input invoices into Wide Area Workflow for payment.
- Monitor open invoices and facilitate collections through communication with payment offices to maximize positive cash flow.
- Create reports in COGNOS to compile and review various accounting, project and financial data to support government invoices and program management needs.
- Assisting with tasks and other projects as assigned
Education and Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to proactively manage files in pipeline demonstrating sense of urgency
- Self-starter able to manage self, be flexible, and adapt as needed in a production-oriented position
- Creative problem-solver with effective resolution ability and analytical skills
- Solid PC Skills in at minimum MS Excel, email, internet, and web based applications
- Must be able to read and/or interpret numbers and letters correctly
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Must work with numbers to calculate timeframe and evaluate costs and losses
- Must demonstrate organization and prioritization skills to manage time and meet deadlines
- Accomplish goals with little or no supervision, dependent on self to complete objectives and determine when
- escalation of issues is necessary
- Bachelor level degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of experience with government contracting, invoicing on government contracts, pricing and project analysis.
- Deltek Costpoint and COGNOS experience.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.