Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Glen Allen, Virginia
MYR Group Inc., one of the largest electrical contractors in the country, has an immediate opportunity for a Field Mechanic based out of the Glen Allen, VA shop. The position will work mostly on project sites in Virginia and the surrounding states. Candidates will need to have flexibility to travel regularly and stay overnight near project sites, so people who love to visit new areas are encouraged to apply.
We have a large variety of exciting equipment that you will get to work with, ranging from trucks to heavy dirt equipment and large aerial cranes. No two days are the same!
Why should you work for MYR Group? We have one of the most competitive benefits package in the industry. Our Field Mechanics have access to the following: Extremely low premium medical insurance, free dental insurance, vision insurance, paid vacation & holidays, free company paid life insurance, 401k with a 6% company match, and much more! The pay rate for this position will be up to $25/hr.
Field Mechanic Duties:
* Travel to project in the region and perform on-site preventative maintenance and repairs on company equipment.
* Diagnose and troubleshoot problems
* Ensure quick repairs without compromising quality of work to minimize equipment downtime
* Identify parts or machines that need new components or need to be replaced.
* Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable.
Field Mechanic Skills/Qualifications:
* Valid CDL license, or the ability to obtain one within 90 days, is required
* Prior experience as a field mechanic highly preferred
* Experience working on construction equipment preferred
* Successful background, MVR, and federal drug screening
* Able to travel as necessary
* Welding skills: stick, mig, tig, and gas preferred
* Ability to use a wide range of personal hand tools
Complete work history or resume is a MUST to be considered for employment.
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.