Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Goleta, California
The Reporting Accountant, Senior supports the Accounting and Finance Department leadership, promotes cross departmental process improvements, and performs and reviews monthly/quarterly/annual financial duties.
* Reconciliation of equity accounts.
* Reconciliation of outstanding stock with the company's stock transfer agent.
* Prepare stock transfer letters and external brokerage transfer letters for exercises of stock options by employees to company's stock transfer agent.
* Reconcile payroll reports to stock administration system to ensure accurate reporting for W-2 and 1099's.
* Prepare ASC 718 stock compensation expense from stock administration system monthly, quarterly and annually with reconciliation between periods.
* Bi-weekly reporting to payroll for inclusion of sales of stock on employees' paychecks.
* Prepare disclosure reports quarterly and annually for SEC reporting of equity plans in 10-Q, 10-K, and Proxy.
* Record journal entries for ESPP stock administration system for posting to employee accounts.
* Prepare termination reports from equity plans to be included in final paycheck when necessary to payroll.
* Maintain pre-clearance forms and ensure all covered employees have filled out proper documentation prior to transacting company stock.
* Maintain back-up support and tie-out binders for all SEC filings.
* Assist with obtaining proper schedules and support from finance and accounting when inclusion in SEC filings is required.
* Assist and set-up of black-up periods with the company's stock administration system and subsequent communication to relevant covered employees.
* Prepare weighted-average share calculation based on the shares outstanding during the quarterly and annual periods to reconcile with equity accounts.
* Assist in preparing dilution reports for equity plans for inclusion in weighted average share calculation.
* Reconcile stock compensation expense by department back to stock administration system reports.
* Assist in preparing report for excess tax benefit calculation for tax purposes on provision for ESPP & equity plans based on book to tax expense.
* Assist with employee relations regarding plan specifics and bi-annual enrollment periods.
* Prepare presentation slides regarding ESPP program and other employee correspondence when necessary.
* Recalculate and cross-check calculation of disqualifying dispositions for employee stock purchase plan and incentive stock options to ensure that withdrawals are properly included or excluded within the disqualifying disposition report for payroll reporting.
* Assist with preparation of all SEC filings (10-Q, 10-K, etc.) and press releases.
* Various other reconciliations and reporting items based on an as needed basis to include but not limited to commitment and contingencies, leases, loans, purchase obligations and other related accounts and activities.
* Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
* Comply with all company policies and procedures.
* Assist with any other duties as assigned.
Do you possess these abilities*
* Must possess a solid working knowledge of GAAP.
* Must have strong work ethic.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
* Attention to detail is required.
* Effective conflict resolution.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
* Ability to analyze and interpret company financial data & reporting.
* Maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing & reviewing bi-weekly payroll journal entries.
* Analytical & problem-solving skills & ability to multitask.
* Solutions-oriented problem solver.
* Excellent planning, communication and organizational skills.
* Ability to effectively interface with different departments within the company.
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field of study, required.
* CPA, preferred
* 6+ years' experience in Accounting.
* 1-3 years' experience in Stock Administration, required.
* Advanced knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Office, financial accounting software and MRP/ERP Systems, required.
* A combination of training, education and experience that is equivalent to the qualifications listed above and that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
WHY INOGEN Inogen is a dynamic company that is not only focused on quality care of patients, but is also committed to being a top employer. Each of Inogen' s offices have a casual culture that supports employees being responsible and developing professionals.
We offer competitive salaries and a robust benefit package:
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan 401 (K) plan available for all employees Health, dental, vision insurance Flexible spending accounts and wellness discount program Life Insurance Long Term Disability Robust paid time off and 8 paid holidays Employee Assistance Program
See the Inogen Team in action:
Inogen Where we go to work hard to positively impact people\'s lives
Inogen is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm; http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. The pay transparency policy is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf.
Inogen is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (972) 616-5668 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.