Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Goleta, California
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for the completion of bi-weekly payroll processing and the administration of all areas of the payroll process. This position will assist with SOX related Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.
* Responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll.
* Administration of the biometric timeclocks for all office locations.
* Calculate and prepare manual paychecks when required.
* Audit payroll information for accuracy and process employee edits with approved paperwork and back up.
* Responsible for following up on incomplete or unapproved time cards prior to payroll submission.
* Assist with the preparation of monthly workers compensation report, payment and ensuring the rates are updated as necessary.
* Responsible for trouble-shooting payroll related issues and questions for employees.
* Assist with miscellaneous clerical duties (filing, copying, scanning, etc).
* Assist with projects and process improvements in the Payroll Department.
* Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
* Comply with all company policies and procedures.
* Assist with any other duties as assigned.
* Train and assist Inogen employee and managers on the utilization of the time card system.
* Train and assist employees on setup and navigating of the time keeping system.
* Reviews and ensures accuracy of payroll adjustments, including vacation, sick, and other time off.
* Responsible for timely preparation and completion of bi-weekly payroll journal entries and monthly GL reconciliation.
* Responsible for importing and payment of bi-weekly sales commissions.
* Responsible for new vendor set up and maintenance in Oracle Accounts Payable and ensures SOX compliance is observed.
* Responsible for desktop deposit of non-AR receipts and ensures SOX compliance is observed.
* Assist with payroll and/or 401(k) related audits.
* Responsible for completion of monthly workers compensation report(s), payment(s) and ensuring the rates are updated when necessary.
* Assist with new vendor requests in Oracle and save appropriate back up in designated file folders.
Do you possess these abilities*
* Knowledgeable with standard concepts, practices and procedures related to payroll.
* Must have strong work ethic.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
* Attention to detail is required.
* Effective conflict resolution.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
* Ability to analyze and interpret company financial data & reporting.
* Maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing & reviewing bi-weekly payroll journal entries.
* Analytical & problem-solving skills & ability to multi task.
* Solutions-oriented problem solver.
* Excellent planning, communication and organizational skills.
* Ability to effectively interface with different departments within the company
* Operates at a task + project level for select projects which are specifically assigned to them.
* Some supervision required.
* Associates degree in Business Administration, Communication, Finance, or related field, preferred.
* 3-5 years of experience in payroll, required.
* 1-3 years' experience in manufacturing medical device industry, preferred.
* Intermediate knowledge/proficiency Microsoft Office, payroll processing and Time and Attendance systems, preferred.
* Intermediate Excel skills, preferred.
* ERP Systems (Oracle) experience, preferred.
* A combination of training, education and experience that is equivalent to the qualifications listed above and that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
WHY INOGEN Inogen is a dynamic company that is not only focused on quality care of patients, but is also committed to being a top employer. Each of Inogen' s offices have a casual culture that supports employees being responsible and developing professionals.
We offer competitive salaries and a robust benefit package:
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan 401 (K) plan available for all employees Health, dental, vision insurance Flexible spending accounts and wellness discount program Life Insurance Long Term Disability Robust paid time off and 8 paid holidays Employee Assistance Program
See the Inogen Team in action:
Inogen Where we go to work hard to positively impact people\'s lives
Inogen is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm; http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf. The pay transparency policy is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf.
Inogen is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (972) 616-5668 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.