Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Ogden, Utah
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
While serving as a cornerstone amongst the northern Utah communities for the past 60 years, Ogden Regional Medical Center has created a deeply-rooted tradition of excellence and caring. The 240-bed facility provides a full spectrum of top-quality services, including a Level II trauma center, certified stroke center, cancer treatment center, alcohol and chemical dependency treatment center, and much more. Nationally recognized, Ogden Regional's maternity care ranks in the nation's top 5 percent, and its cardiology services include accreditation in echocardiography, atrial fibrillation, chest pain and heart failure.
Ogden Regional is part of HCA's network of more than 300 affiliate hospitals, outpatient centers and business offices across the country. HCA and Ogden Regional are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and employees.
Ogden Regional sits at the heart of the mountains, with more than six ski resorts within an hour's drive.
Home of the 2002 Winter Olympics, Ogden offers the lure of outdoor living and the culture of city life. Plus, with a great university down the road and many schools within driving distance, this hospital offers a central location to meet the whole family's needs. This position assists the CFO and Controller in directing and coordinating the financial activities of the Hospital including accounting, reporting, budgeting, internal control functions for Cache Valley Hospital.
The Assistant Controller assists in the maintenance of accounting and financial records for ORMC and its subsidiaries, and directs the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements and reports.
* Accountable for adhering to ORMC mission including meeting behavioral expectations (compassion, caring and confidentiality), providing excellence in health care delivery, supporting dignity of all persons (empowerment) and responsible stewardship of resources.
* Assists in the establishment and implementation of established financial policies and plans.
* Plans, coordinates and supervises the activities of the general accounting staff.
* Designs and maintains a system of sound internal controls.
* Directs the preparation of consolidated financial statements and budgets, interim and year-end.
* Inputs, reviews, interpret and analyses financial and statistical data for CFO, management and department head.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related business field. Master's degree in Accounting or business related field or Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
* 1-3 years accounting experience, 1-2 years should be in supervisory or managerial position. Must have experience with spreadsheet and word word processing skills.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.