Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Sterling, Virginia
REI Systems is looking for a Knowledge Management Lead with 10+ years of experience to join our team. In this role, you will help our customer meet their Knowledge Management (KM) goals that include transforming knowledge, data and information to add value to processes and operations, improving knowledge assets, enhancing the knowledge environment, and managing knowledge as an asset. This position will provide the opportunity to work with our government customer, NASA, in Washington, D.C.
* Perform configuration management of document repositories
* Process and categorize information and data
* Support and manage the KM governance process to ensure proper review and approval of information and data for internal and external use
* Establish and/or refine metadata structure/taxonomy for information and data.
* Assist in identifying the controls that should be implemented for proper maintenance and integrity of KM processes, data, knowledge, and information
* Assist with improving the acquisition, evaluation, processing, organization, management, and maintenance of knowledge, information, and data
* Define, implement, and manage metrics/measures for KM for continuous improvement
* Assist in defining, implementing, and managing metrics/measures for determining knowledge management maturity
* Determine how the customer s data, knowledge, and information is discovered, detected, acquired, assessed/vetted, and ingested
* Assist with determining roles and responsibilities each staff member has in knowledge management
* Assist in the documentation of knowledge, data, and information utilizes processes, manages, and disseminates.
* Support the identification of what knowledge, data, and information the customer does not have but needs to have based on ITIL service operations and risk management for service management.
* Track and control how information and data are acquired, shared, retained, reuse, disposed of, and managed
* Publish information and data to internal and external systems
Other similar professional duties maybe assigned as needed.
* 10+ years of experience of knowledge management experience
* Experience with Microsoft SharePoint as an Administrator or Power User
* Ability to assimilate, analyze, structure and catalog information
* Experience and ability to manage data and information as configuration items that integrate with the knowledge management process and other related processes
* Bachelor s degree in library science, communications, management, information systems, or another related field
* Bachelor s degree in Library Science is preferred
* US Citizenship Required: This position is on a US Government Contract and requires us to staff US Citizens only
About REI Systems
REI Systems is comprised of smart, creative, and dedicated teams who make an impact on their customers' missions by delivering innovative, progressive solutions. We are a 3-time Washington Post Top Workplace winner, placing on the 2018 list for providing our people with a stable and open-minded environment for growth and enjoyment. Some of our top benefits include flexible working hours so you can accommodate to your life schedule and a dedicated paid professional development program including potentially unlimited training hours and an onsite coach for professional and personal guidance. If you want to excel in a fast-paced work environment solving real-world challenges, apply to join today!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. REI Systems is an E-Verify employer..