Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Warn Automotive is a world leader in driveline disconnect technology. Our heritage comes from making WWII surplus Jeeps easier to drive on the road with the first unlocking hubs. We continue today by making disconnects for cars, trucks, and SUVs around the world. These trusted technologies come from years of innovation and listening to our customer's needs. We have a bright future ahead so come join our growing team at Warn Automotive.
Makes decisions and recommendations to leadership that are recognized as authoritative and have far-reaching impact on engineering and other activities in the company. Working with minimal or no direction, applies extensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignment and related fields. Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and methods having an important effect on major company programs.
* Negotiates critical and controversial issues with high level engineers and officers of other organizations and companies.
* Directs the efforts of other engineers and team members to assure successful project completion.
* May be assigned project responsibility for projects involving tooling budges up to $2,000,000 and potential annual sales of up to $50,000,000.
* May coordinate multiple large projects simultaneously.
* Works with customer's project engineers on technical details.
* May be assigned engineering maintenance responsibilities for major product lines.
* May be responsible for customer contact on broad issues, interfacing with the customer's engineers and management.
* Hands-on work on shop floor as job requires.
* Problem-solve individually or as part of a group as job duties require. May lead such problem-solving activities.
* Responsible for prompt and regular attendance as scheduled.
* May participate in Warn Automotive's selection process as necessary.
* Work safely and without injury.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree.
* Eight or more years of professional experience with project leadership responsibilities.
* Eight or more years of hands-on engineering or product design.
* Eight or more years experience in a high volume, manufacturing environment is preferred.
* Demonstrated team and project leadership experience is required.
* Must be skilled in the facilitation of all activities necessary to a project's completion.
* Working knowledge of CAD programs - preferably SDRC I-DEAS.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Working knowledge of Warn Automotive's Quality Tools (SPC, GDT, FMEA, DFA/M, etc.).
* Working knowledge of FEA (finite element analysis) preferred.
* Working knowledge of various rapid prototyping techniques preferred.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Ability to work collaboratively and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, customers and visitors.
* Ability to effectively problem-solve and lead problem-solving activities.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
* Ability to facilitate activities necessary to a project's completion.
* Must be enthusiastic about adopting Warn Automotives' Core Values: Never Compromise Trust, Honesty, Partner with Customers, Commitment, Teamwork, Personal Development, Lead by Example.
* Must have history of impeccable integrity, ethics and fair play.
Ability to read, write, verbalize and comprehend instructions and correspondence at the highest levels in the English language. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other team members. Conflict resolution skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent verbal and customer service skills.
Must have mathematical skills equivalent to those required under degree requirement.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL ACTIVITIES:
Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, balancing, stooping, reaching, handling, feeling, acuity-far, acuity-near, depth perception and field of vision. See all colors. Frequently communicate with employees and customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information. Frequently move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, attend meetings, etc. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
May require a combination of sitting, standing, and walking. May require lifting up to 50 pounds with assistance.
Must be able to work in an office environment as well as a shop environment as job duties require. May be exposed to loud operating machinery, cold temperatures, chemicals, and vapors.
MACHINES, TOOLS EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE:
Personal computer, fax machine, copy machine, other office equipment, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint. May minimally operate shop equipment such as assembly presses, manual and CNC machines, basic hand tools.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be required for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this or similar positions and additional duties may be assigned.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in: Pheasant Ct
Job Requisition ID : 19-28974.