Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
All jobs Accountant
Grand Junction, Colorado, United States * LM * 585
Navarro Research & Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for an Accountant in Grand Junction, CO.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro s success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our client.
* Administrator for both the Government Purchase card and GSA fleet applications, involving detailed vendor invoice reconciliations and posting of vendor invoices for payment; addition responsibilities include travel support for significant contract growth (e.g. DRUM Travel, contract expansion), which will be for both day-to-day and month-end tasks.
* Position may interface with any contract employee at any given time since accounting supports the entire contract; Majority of interface will be within the Business Services Group (Project Controls, Employee Support/Coordination, Procurement, Admin Support, Document Management). Position may also interface with external vendors as well as employees at the corporate office. External communication directly with DOE is unlikely.
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting or Business.
* 0 to 4 years experience.
* Experience with Credit Card Programs, Travel Programs, and General Ledger.
* Microsoft Excel; ability to navigate spreadsheets and know how to create and use formulas to perform data comparisons and analyses.
* Candidate should understand double entry accounting and be able to properly use credits and debits.
* Candidate should have an understanding of "cut-off" and how it applies to monthly and annual financial records (i.e. properly accounting for revenue and expenditures in the period in which they were incurred.)
* Individual must be detail-oriented, organized, and also be able to follow complex instructions, have strong analytical skills, and have the ability to work with voluminous data and multiple transactions in a team setting.
* Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
* Familiarity with government accounting, especially federal government, the Federal Acquisition Regulations and the Federal Travel Regulations.
* Ability to apply knowledge and work in a complex job cost environment.
* Working knowledge of Pivot tables in Excel.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Access.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
* Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
* Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
* Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
* Short Term & Long Term Disability
Apply for this job