Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Commerce, California
Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
Recognized by Glassdoor as a "Best Place to Work" two years in a row, we couldn't be prouder of our employees. We are the largest family-owned winery in the world with over 100 brands. We are committed to driving innovation, sustainability, and fostering a culture of collaboration. We look forward to having you join the team! Your Talent & Gallo | A Perfect Pairing
Under direct supervision, performs clerical duties involved in providing general customer service, credit, union payroll, and accounts receivable support.
• Cross trains in various departmental functions, customer service, credit and accounting.
• Partners and collaborates with the Sales, Credit, Accounting and Warehouse Department to convey information and resolve customer inquiries, and complaints.
• Establishes and maintains excellent working relationships with the customers, along with the various departments within the Company.
• Supports various administrative functions for union hourly employees.
• Responsible for the accurate processing of customer orders, pickups, and reships.
• Answers incoming telephone calls from customers, drivers, and sales personnel.
• Answers customer questions about orders, order history, and payments.
• Acts quickly to investigate and resolve customer issues ensuring a high degree of consumer satisfaction and continued product purchases.
• Provides accurate and timely product information to the customers.
• Makes calls to customers on COD, for total due on next day delivery.
• Prepares collection letters for skipped, past due, and short payment.
• Processes and communicates union hourly payroll changes, including voluntary deductions and special pays and processes information regarding vacation accruals for hourly union employees.
• Responds to hourly union employees regarding payroll and benefit related issues and inquiries.
• Processes commission and incentive data to the Winery payroll department as needed.
• This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
• High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 1 year of customer service, credit or accounts receivable experience.
• Skilled in the use of computer applications, including Microsoft Office products (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook).
• Experienced in reading and comprehending simple instructions, correspondence, and memos.
• Experienced in writing simple correspondence and procedures.
• Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Skilled in the use of Ten key adding machine at an intermediate level.
• Beverage or liquor industry experience.
• Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in accounting or finance.
• Educated on basic accounting principles.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills under tight deadlines.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Experience working in a high paced, time sensitive environment.
• Good problem solver; overcomes obstacles timely
• Good communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• As an office based job, the physical demands vary from task to task. May include extended periods of standing, sitting, computer work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The temperature, noise level and cleanliness of the work environment vary.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.