Functional Title Procurement Administration Specialist-Pipeline Construction
Recruitment Category Type Standard
Functional Category Engineering & Construction
FLSA Status Exempt
Requisition Number 19-0208
Number of Vacancies 1
Job Level Non-Management
Job Code N/A
Job Description Summary
Organization Name Pipeline Construction
Reports to Division Manager
Full or Part Time Full Time
If Part Time how many hours per week
Regular or Temporary Regular
Position End Date (if temporary)
Monday through Friday 0700 to 1530 occasional overtime as required
Position Location Temple Hills
Position Summary Information
Manages architectural/engineering, construction and other professional services contracts in support of the Engineering & Construction (E&C) Team, working collaboratively with team technical managers.
Incumbent works closely with the E&C technical contracts supervisors assigned to specific contracts. Collaborates with members of the Procurement Office which include the Contracting Officer, Contracting Officer Representatives and various procurement professionals, the Office of Supplier Diversity & Inclusion (OSDI), as well as the General Counsel's Office. Work involves applying sound contracting principles and practices coupled with WSSC Procurement Regulations, Business Policies and Procedures, and associated practices that constitute the WSSC procurement system.
• Manages all administrative provisions of contracts that include the performance period and contract value. Data and information include cumulative cost of all tasks issued under basic ordering agreements and indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity contracts; • Schedules and conducts all pre-bid/proposal meetings in coordination with necessary parties; • Schedules and conducts preconstruction meetings with contractors, critical WSSC staff members and sediment control specialists, as well as state, county and local agencies; • Manages the compliance requirements of all contracts, including subcontracting utilization in support of the WSSC Minority and Supplier Diversity & Inclusion programs; • Manages and enforces any wage rate provisions under the contracts; • Along with the Technical Contracts Supervisor and in coordination with the Contracting Officer and/or Contracting Officer Representative, approves, and issues change orders and field orders; • Is deemed the final WSSC approval when accepting and designating work as complete; • Conducts bid-ready contract reviews to ensure completeness; • Works with the Technical Contracts Supervisor to prepare and update daily, weekly and monthly reports; • Works with the Technical Contracts Supervisor to review and recommend revisions to General Conditions, Standard Specifications and Standard Details; • Confers with Management to determine needs; subsequently develops appropriate contract tools in collaboration with the Contracting Officer's Representative; • Analyzes problems in terms of contract specification requirements, service delivery, and feasibility; • Trains others in contract compliance and enforcement; • Drives a company vehicle to conduct WSSC business outside of headquarters.
• Works with the Technical Contracts Supervisor to receive, review and approve/process submissions and deliverables; • Works with Technical Contracts Supervisor to receive, review and approve/process invoices; • Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work Environment And Physical Demands
Work location is generally the office but field visits may be warranted on occasion;
When in the field, will be exposed to seasonal fluctuation in temperatures;
Due to the nature of the work, may be required to enter confined spaces (large diameter pipe, manholes, vaults, etc.) with exposure to loud noises, fumes, odors, dusts, and poor ventilation that would require the use of appropriate personal protective equipment to mitigate these conditions;
Must be able to lift objects that weigh up to 50 lbs;
Work varies with contract assignments and location of the services provided by the contract.
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
• Extensive knowledge of general contracting processes, rules and procedures; • Knowledge of principles, practices, selection and uses of all types of design, construction and rehabilitation contracts; • Working knowledge of water and waste water design, construction and rehabilitation; • Skilled in performing engineering computations, estimates and measurements; • Effective verbal and written communication skills; • Knowledge of basic design and construction management techniques; • Ability to understand design and construction faults when working with technical managers; • Ability to work with contractors, state, county and local agencies, and the general public; • Ability to manage and coordinate multiple contracts concurrently; • Strong teamwork skills.
Minimum Education, Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, business administration, contract management, or a related field; • Three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in procurement and contract administration.
• Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator's license with no more than 4 points; • Ability to obtain and maintain a WSSC driver's permit; • Completion of the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission Financial Disclosure Statement within 30 days of employment and annually thereafter.
• Certification from an accredited procurement program (such as the Institute for Supply Management, the National Institute for Governmental Purchasing, APICS-the Association for Operations Management, etc.) as a Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Professional in Supplier Diversity (CPSD), Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO), Certified Public Purchasing Buyer (CPPB), Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), designation as a Federal Government Acquisition Professional certified to Level II, or equivalent. • Experience in the water/wastewater industry.
Salary $63,659 to $97,180
Posting Detail Information
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER It is the policy of the Commission to select new employees and to promote current employees without regard to race, sexual orientation, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, or handicap. The Commission does not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability and will make reasonable accommodation for any disability that does not result in undue hardship for the Commission.
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* Do you have a Bachelor's degree?
* Do you have a bachelor's degree in engineering, business administration, contract management, or a related field?
* Do you have three (3) years of experience in procurement and contract administration?
* Do you have a valid driver's license with no more than 4 points and with no restrictions (except eyeglasses/contact lenses)?
* Do you have work experience in the water or wastewater industry?
* Do you have experience in Architecture/Engineering and Construction contracts administration?
* Do you require sponsorship in order to work in the United States?
Are you an honorably discharged veteran of the United States armed forces who was a bona fide resident of the state of Maryland when you entered the U.S. military?