Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
This is a laboratory testing position with the major responsibilities being daily testing and laboratory maintenance tasks as well as basic animal husbandry and assistance in the animal facility.
Testing & Review
* Performs testing- Animal handling, vaccine and challenge injections
* Limited non-routine testing via protocol
* Limited peer review (calculations, logs, etc.)
Animal Care & Facility Support
* Daily care of animals (feeding, watering, observing)
* Perform technical assignments in care of animals such as weighing animals, recording weights, and euthanasia.
* Test set-up and coordination
* Perform necropsies as needed
* work in a biocontainment area
Quality Control Systems
* Basic understanding of compliance/guidance/regulations pertaining to assigned area
* Identifies and supports change and continuous improvement using LEAN practices such as 6S and Kaizen
* Support laboratory investigations using independent thought and collaboration
o Ownership - Actively participate in self-development (SLII, IPMP)
o Accountability - Follow through on commitments
o Detail oriented - Able to complete required tasks and associated documentation with minimal error
o Adaptability - Maintain positive attitude in a changing work environment
o Communication - Effectively communicate with all levels of management, support staff and supporting departments
o Escalate issues through the proper channels
o Effectively build and maintain working relationships between Lab Resources and supporting departments
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
Education, Experience & Skills
* Associate degree in Veterinary Technology or related Bachelor's degree required
* Licensed as a Veterinary Technician within the state of Michigan required
* 2 years of related experience with laboratory animals preferred
* Previous experience with bioassay techniques in a GMP environment is preferred
* An understanding of cGMP, CFR, USP, and aseptic processing guidelines is preferred
* Experience in an FDA/USDA regulated environment is preferred
* AALAS certification preferred
* Strong technical and communication skills: oral/written and listening
* Computer skills (MS Office, JMP statistical software, Visio, MS Project)
Type/keyboard, visual acuity, good eye/hand coordination, stand, walk, sit, twist/turn, reach outward, reach above shoulder, hand dexterity, bend, squat/kneel, sense of feel, sense of hearing, lift/carry 30lbs, pull 30lbs. Use phone, copier, computer, copier, hand tools, fork lift. Work in outdoors, noise above conversation level, hot/cold temperatures, high humidity, ventilation needed, multiple locations, restricted access laboratory, contact with select agents and exposure to animals, animal areas, or equipment used in animal area environment, exposure to bedding dust, animal dander and excrement and use of cleaning agents requires the use of personal protective equipment. Organize/coordinate, analyze/interpret, calibrate precise measurements, problem-solve, make decisions, plan, communicate, prepare written communications, prepare transaction documents.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.