Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: Welder
Job Summary: In a safe, efficient and professional manner, the Welder/Fabricator will support the Facility Manager and meet the demands of the Customer. Will complete work in a timely manner, install, repair, and fabricate materials out of metal, ensuring availability and functionality of required items. Will practice safe work behavior, and will ensure all equipment, tools, etc. work safely and as designed, or will immediately correct any safety deficiencies that arise. This is a 1st shift position working M-F 8:00 AM-4:30 PM and on call 24/7 for emergencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintain welds on various items and materials using a variety of processes.
* Repair metal surfaces (doors, gates, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring safe and efficient use of items.
* Install various items (railings, fences, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects safely and within established time frames.
* Maintain shop, equipment, tools, vehicle, etc. for the purpose of ensuring the availability and functioning of required items and ensuring safety.
* Coordinate with on-site team and Customer for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
* Request equipment and supplies for the purpose of completing assigned projects.
* Assist other trades personnel as required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
* Respond to emergency situations as needed and/or assigned for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
* Transport various items for the purpose of ensuring availability of materials required at job site.
* Available for weekend and non-shift work as required.
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* Must have successfully completed formal welding training programs. Documentation or certificates will be required.
* 5 year's welding experience is required.
* Must possess applicable welding certifications and licenses required.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled