Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: HVAC Technician
Job Summary: In a safe, efficient and professional manner, the HVAC Technician will support the Facility Manager in the preventative, corrective, and general maintenance of HVAC systems for the Customer. Other duties include conducting daily assessments of systems, maintaining a clean working environment, and other various duties as assigned by the Facility Manager, while adhering to all safety and health standards. The HVAC Technician will be responsible for performing maintenance on HVAC equipment, cooling towers, controls located throughout the building, and kitchen refrigeration. Perform tests, rounds, and analysis of data to assure the proper functioning of equipment, while following manufacturing standards and change processes produced by the Customer or Facility Manager. This is a 1st shift position working M-F 8:00 AM-4:30 PM and on call 24/7 for emergencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintain, install, move, troubleshoot, and repair all related HVAC equipment. Document machine history and following through on maintenance needs and deficiencies as appropriate.
* Respond to heating and cooling problems, and perform repairs as necessary.
* Monitor operations, adjust and maintain refrigerant, heat exchangers, HVAC equipment and systems, chilled water, and air conditioning equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; record readings as necessary to ensure proper operation of equipment and make adjustments where necessary to assure proper operation of equipment. Notify appropriate parties of any problems or malfunctions.
* Ensure facility maintained according to established industry standards. Identify deficiencies through regular and thorough inspection of building premises.
* Work closely with Facility Manager in the upkeep and accuracy of the CMMS, to optimize the preventative maintenance program.
* Maintain inventory of tools, parts, and materials needed to perform daily tasks, including filters and refrigerant. Reorder as needed, and advise Facility Manager of any equipment issues.
* Direct General Maintenance Technician to assist as required in the performance of preventative and corrective maintenance.
* Analyze the operations of various systems, and determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions, taking corrective action as required.
* Perform all work in accordance with all environmental health and safety practices and policies. Investigate and report any safety violations or potential safety issues.
* Maintain strong working knowledge of the mechanical functions associated with HVAC systems and equipment.
* Assist other mechanics and operators with major repairs and maintenance of building and equipment.
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* Must have successfully completed formal training programs on HVAC operations. Documentation or certificates will be required.
* Five (5) or more year's related experience is required.
* Must possess applicable certifications and licenses.
* Universal Refrigeration License-EPA Universal required.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled