Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: Machinist
Job Summary: In a safe, efficient and professional manner, the Machinist will support the Facility Manager in the preventative and corrective maintenance of a variety of systems for the Customer. The Machinist will be responsible for the setup and safe operation of a variety of machining tools to produce precise parts and instrumentation. Responsible to perform all duties in accordance with manufacturing standards and change processes produced by the Customer or Facility Manager. Assist the Welder/Fabricator in the engineering of parts and materials, and perform other various duties as assigned by the Facility Manager, while adhering to all safety and health standards. This is a 1st Shift position working M-F 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM and on call 24/7 for emergencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintain, install, move, troubleshoot, and repair equipment related to the general facility, including but not limited to mechanical systems, overhead and revolving doors, dock equipment, and elevators.
* Assist other team members (as required) in the performance of their duties.
Capable of working from blueprints, and working independently from inception to completion * Maintain inventory of tools, parts, and materials needed to perform daily tasks. Reorder as needed, and advise Facility Manager of any equipment issues.
* Analyze the operations of various systems, and determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions, taking corrective action as required.
* Perform all work in accordance with all environmental health and safety practices and policies. Investigate and report any safety violations or potential safety issues.
* Maintain strong working knowledge of the electrical and mechanical functions associated with assigned equipment.
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* Five (5) or more year's related experience is required. (Experience with manual mills, manual lathes, industrial and fabrication.)
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled