Posted in Other 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Job Summary: In a safe, efficient and professional manner, the Maintenance Technician will support the Facility Manager in the preventative and corrective maintenance of a variety of systems for the Customer. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for maintaining backflow preventers, overhead and revolving doors, dock equipment, elevators, assisting with HVAC maintenance, and general building trouble calls as needed. Responsible to perform all duties in accordance with manufacturing standards and change processes produced by the Customer or Site Manager. Assist the HVAC Technician and perform other various duties as assigned by the Facility Manager, while adhering to all safety and health standards. This is a 1st shift position working M-F 8:00 AM-4:30 PM and on call 24/7 for emergencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintain, install, move, troubleshoot, and repair equipment related to the general facility, including but not limited to backflow preventers, overhead and revolving doors, dock equipment, elevators, and HVAC systems.
* Assist the HVAC Technician (primarily) and other team members (as required) in the performance of their duties.
* Ensure the facility is maintained according to established industry standards. Identify deficiencies through regular and thorough inspection of building premises.
* Maintain inventory of tools, parts, and materials needed to perform daily tasks. Reorder as needed, and advise Facility Manager of any equipment issues.
* Work closely with Facility Manager in the upkeep and accuracy of the CMMS, to optimize the preventative maintenance program.
* Analyze the operations of various systems, and determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions, taking corrective action as required.
* Perform all work in accordance with all environmental health and safety practices and policies. Investigate and report any safety violations or potential safety issues.
* Maintain strong working knowledge of the mechanical functions associated with assigned equipment.
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* Documentation of certificates are a plus.
* 5 years or more Industrial Maintenance experience, including electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry and HVAC is required.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled