Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: silver spring, Maryland
1. In collaboration with the Pillar Directors and Technical Directors, develops the Pillar s business strategy and leads implementation of that strategy in the assigned pillar.
* Conducts and/or ensures analysis of donor priorities, opportunities and trends to develop business development strategies.
* Identifies, leads and supports traditional (USG) and non-traditional program opportunities and leverage opportunities for the pillar.
* Conducts positioning assessments and capture work, and develops strategies to enhance competitiveness and increase organizational growth.
* Develops and defines partnership arrangements as related to specific needs within the pillar.
* Consistently scanning and identifying business opportunities advancing the pillars product lines and contributing to Global Communities short/long-tern business pipeline.
* May serve as the team lead for concept papers or proposals that are targeted to specific product lines within the Pillar or contribute to the broader advancement of Global Communities.
* May serve as the lead writer for concept papers and support proposal writing as needed by the Pillar. As lead writer, in collaboration with the proposal team lead, field and headquarters teams, contributes to strategic approaches, interventions, and activities and develops a competitive and responsive technical narrative including strategy, program design and proposed activities.
* Supports Global Communities priority business proposals as needed in a review capacity, advising or participating in design and/or budget allocations and partner selection.
2. Builds relationships with potential donors, clients and strategic partners within the domain of the Pillar and its technical expertise, as well as Global Communities overall.
* Identifies and establishes relationships with new partners, sub-awardees/subcontractors, and/or donors to enhance the Pillar s and Global Communities capabilities and expand programming.
* Supports the Pillar s and Global Communities program and field staff s relationship building with donors and partners.
* Represents Global Communities at meetings, conferences, and workshops.
3. Integrates the Pillar s and Global Communities business interests at field and headquarter levels.
* Leads or contributes to the creation, implementation, and updating of Country Business Plans in concert with the overall business needs of Global Communities.
* Leads capacity building efforts in business and marketing at the country level for Global Communities and/or Pillar project teams.
* Seeks for business practices of excellence that contribute to the global agenda of Global Communities, coordinating these practices into scholarly or briefing documents, professional growth seminars, and communities of practice consistent with the goals and mission for Global Communities advancement.
* Provides input and Coordinates with the Technical Director to ensure visiting field staff have the opportunity to visit with relevant stakeholders, present and future clients and partners for advancement of the Pillar and Global Communities.
4. Undertakes all other duties and projects as may be assigned from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Experience in the strategic positioning and growth of one or more of the Resilient Communities product lines.
* Broad understanding of principles of international development, including sub-fields such as community development, local governance and civil society development, local economic development, microfinance, food security, health and/or others.
* Significant experience designing new programs and leading proposal development efforts in response to donor solicitations.
* Deep understanding of USAID, other bilaterals, and multilateral funding priorities and approaches and expertise in RFA and RFP proposal processes.
* Demonstrated leadership skills, including ability to lead and manage the business cycle development teams and oversee the contributions of others.
* Excellent critical thinking skills and sound judgment.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills and high level of organization and attention to detail.
* Excellent interpersonal and listening skills, including ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders in a professional manner.
* Ability to work in a cross-cultural, geographically-dispersed team environment.
* Fluency in English, written and oral. Abilities in a second language preferred.
* Ability to travel extensively (up to 30%) to difficult and challenging environments for trips ranging from two to four weeks.
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
* Ability to read and interpret documents and ability to sit at a computer and operate a keyboard.
* Master's degree and a minimum of 5 years experience with USAID, other bilateral and multi-lateral and private sector proposal development; or the equivalent of a Bachelor s degree and a minimum of 8 years experience with USAID, other bilateral, multi-lateral and private sector proposal development required.
* Demonstrated experience leading, writing, and winning full proposals for USG, other bilateral, multi-lateral and private sector funds.
* Must have U.S. work authorization.
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. EOE/AA - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individual with Disabilities.
Global Communities employs committed and qualified individuals at its headquarters in downtown Silver Spring, Maryland just outside of Washington, DC.
In conforming with applicable laws, Global Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, genetic information, religious beliefs, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected classifications, activities, or conditions as required by federal, state and local laws.
As an applicant, please visit: "https://www.globalcommunities.org/publications/2016-EEO-supplement.pdf" to learn about your protection under Federal law. You may also visit: "https://www.globalcommunities.org/publications/2016-EEO-Policy-Statement.pdf" to view Global Communities EEO Policy Statement.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Global Communities is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in all facets of employment, including the employment application and selection process. If you have a disability that affects your ability to use our online system to apply for a position, please send us an email on our Contact Us page " https://www.globalcommunities.org/contactus" or call 301.587.4700 to request accommodation.