Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Full Time - Direct
Development of engineering design data within budget in accordance with FAA, customer and \\"HAECO Americas\\" standards of quality, while providing technical guidance to assigned engineering staff, and providing schedules and budgets in support of various HAECO engineering programs.
Essential Job Duties:
* Provide technical support, supervision and guidance to engineering personnel of various disciplines for engineering programs in which HAECO is involved.
* Provide on the job training for assigned Design Engineers and Engineering Designers.
* Develop well defined HAECO statements of work from limited customer provided specification information and aircraft surveys.
* Provide staffing estimates, project management and accountability of projects undertaken by the Engineering Department and coordinate the program requirements with the Engineering Manager / Engineering Program Manager.
* Research and review engineering data (drawings, reports, manuals, etc.) defining aircraft structure or systems to determine the most efficient method of modification or alteration.
* Develop and produce design data required for the proper manufacture, assembly and installation of aircraft modifications and components.
* Develop preliminary engineering analysis necessary to substantiate aircraft modifications.
* Review and check the design data produced by design engineers.
* Interface with other HAECO departments to ensure customer & HAECO requirements are met.
* Interface with the Substantiation group and FAA representatives to ensure that all designs meet the established FAA regulatory criteria.
* Support various design review meetings with customers.
* Provide technical support to HAECO Production during the manufacturing and installation phases of HAECO developed designs.
* Provide support and supervision during installation of modifications at remote locations.
* Conduct detailed audits and surveys on site at customer facilities to develop aircraft design concepts and specifications through the interpretation of preliminary specifications and customer interface.
* Support other Engineering groups as workload requirements dictate.
* Maintain and expand expertise in aircraft industry design concepts and standards consistent with HAECO s work scope environment.
* Provide input and suggestions for continuous improvement of various department procedures, controls, flows and systems, and become familiar with HAECO s internal policies and procedures.
* Coordinate, in a professional manner, with customers, major manufacturers, vendors, FAA, or other outside agencies to promote and support HAECO s technical & commercial interests.
* Must be able to work assigned schedule with minimal absences.
* Bachelor s degree in Engineering or related scientific field or acceptable industry experience.
* Minimum five (5) years experience in aircraft/aerospace engineering design field. Must have experience with Transport Category aircraft.
* Minimum three (3) years experience utilizing SolidWorks (or similar 3-D software) and AutoCAD (Release 2004 or later version, or comparable PC-based CAD program) with obvious and demonstrable proficiency.
* Must possess knowledge of FAA regulations, certification processes and related requirements.
* Must possess comprehensive knowledge of standard aircraft components, materials, fabrication practices, aviation hardware and proper applications in design. As required, must also possess knowledge of engineering principles used in stress analysis, finite element modeling (FEM), 3D computer modeling, electrical load analyses and other analytical substantiation techniques.
* Must possess extensive knowledge of personal computer systems with Microsoft Office & Microsoft Project.
* Must be able to effectively estimate, budget, schedule and forecast engineering tasks.
* Must have extensive knowledge of the use and application of aircraft technical data such as engineering drawings, SRM s, MM s, SB s, IPC s, WD s, etc.
* Must be able to conduct effectively estimate, budget, schedule and forecast engineering tasks.
* Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally as needed.
* Must possess good oral, written, and organizational skills, and be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
* Master s Degree in Engineering or MBA preferred.
* Experience in commercial aircraft interior payload design (integration) and/or interior monument design (seating, lavatories, closets, crew rests, galleys) or avionics systems or interior electrical systems preferred.
* FAA Designated Engineering Representative (DER) or ability to establish DER candidacy within 12 months of hire.
HAECO Americas is PROUD TO BE AN EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability EMPLOYER