Posted in Other 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Ryerson is a leading distributor and processor of metals in North America. Headquartered in Chicago, we operate service centers in cities across the United States and Canada. Ryerson offers an unparalleled range of products, leading processing and fabricating capabilities, a broad geographic reach, and an established commitment to superior service.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to join our Lansing, MI warehouse team. This position will have responsibility for maintenance activity in the Lansing plant, reporting to the Operations Manager.
Essential Functions: Primary responsibility is proper completion of all plant and equipment maintenance to ensure maximum operational efficiency with limited unscheduled downtime. This includes:
- Promote & demonstrate a safe work environment (compliant with EPA/OSHA regulations)
- Comply to maintenance schedule and completion of preventative maintenance programs
- Train and supervise operators on daily maintenance tasks for equipment
- Ability to react to unscheduled breakdowns with urgency
- Capable of standard repairs on all machinery including plate fabrication equipment, material handling equipment, overhead cranes and building repairs.
- Ensure up to 80% up-time of all equipment with limited unscheduled production interruptions or breakdowns
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment including but limited to: coil processing equipment, powered industrial equipment, overhead cranes and the building
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED required
- 2 year technical degree is preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in maintenance role
- Problem solving skills
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations regarding equipment
- Knowledge in the areas of electrical, mechanical, and hydraulics
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage changing priorities and multiple tasks
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.