Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Wilsonville, Oregon
Full-Time Medical Billing Specialist
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday, 8 to 5
Signature Healthcare at Home - 25117 SW Parkway Suite F - Wilsonville, Oregon 97070
The Medical Billing Specialist is responsible for accurate, timely completion and submission of all the billing, collections and accounts receivable functions of Signature Healthcare at Home.
* Responsible for Medicare, Medicaid and HMO insurance billing and collections.
* Responsible for monitoring claims through electronic claims processing system.
* Responsible for collections, collection calls and following up on unpaid claims.
* Responsible for the understanding of managed care contracting, prior experience interpreting contract terms helpful.
* Takes immediate steps to correct claims denials; written and verbal appeal techniques and correcting claim.
* Timely submission of weekly and/or monthly charges with needed support to insurance companies.
* Posting of cash receipts with timely follow-up on discrepancies with accounts receivable.
* Gathers, collates and reports key billing information to the Billing Department Director.
* Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with patients, family members, payers and referral sources.
* 3-5 years relevant experience in healthcare billing and collections.
* Must have a thorough understanding of bookkeeping/accounting procedures.
* Thorough understanding of Medicare, Medicaid and HMO insurance billing and collections is required.
* The ability to work successfully as part of a team.
* Detail orientation and accuracy.
* Ability to exercise independent judgment in completing assignments.
* Proficient skill in using PC software (Excel, Word, and Windows, etc.).
* Excellent verbal communications skills to communicate effectively and professionally with colleagues, external people and patients.
Signature Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer